Thread: How to restore ical from time machine

How to restore ical from time machine

I have to restore data from iCal time machine. Can anybody help me? I'm using lion.i have done lots of research on it but was not able to find the appropriate solution.

Re: How to restore ical from time machine

Quote Originally Posted by The Picture View Post
    I have to restore data from iCal time machine. Can anybody help me? I'm using lion.i have done lots of research on it but was not able to find the appropriate solution.
    Most data files are in the Startup folder (~) / Library / Application Support / iCal .If you move the iCal folder and then open time machine, you will be able to restore .I hope that's what you're looking for.

Nevertheless I cannot seem to discover the folder Support / iCal. Am I doing something wrong?Anyone facing the similar trouble than let me know.Any solution for this than please share here

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond! View Post
    Nevertheless I cannot seem to discover the folder Support / iCal. Am I doing something wrong?Anyone facing the similar trouble than let me know.Any solution for this than please share here
    It is almost certainly for the reason that your library is hidden.

Click anywhere on the desktop to get the Finder menu bar. Hold down the Option key and then menu. Click the Library. Follow the instructions that I got from there.

I do not know what you necessitate to restore iCal, nevertheless iCal will be capable to restore the entire folder. If you are in the iCal folder in Application Support, including Time Machine. Time Machine is due; on the whole, they were sitting on the desktop. Select the files you would like to restore (almost certainly all iCal folders) plus select restore. Time Machine will re-establish iCal folder with the status of your last backup.

You seem very knowledgeable so I thought I would ask. Now I'm having troubles by means of synchronization between icloud, iCal, Outlook 2011.

It seems you can sync between iCal / icloud / iphone extremely well, but he does or from Outlook. I've been reading some blogs and I am beginning to understand that the picture is not going to work. Can you confirm? if not, will you be capable to help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bontu View Post
    You seem very knowledgeable so I thought I would ask. Now I'm having troubles by means of synchronization between icloud, iCal, Outlook 2011.

It seems you can sync between iCal / icloud / iphone extremely well, but he does or from Outlook. I've been reading some blogs and I am beginning to understand that the picture is not going to work. Can you confirm? if not, will you be capable to help?
    Not convinced of your installation, although have downloaded icloud Windows Control Panel. If you want further help than do let me know here.

Time Machine no longer seems to work with iCal from Lion. I have the identical trouble. He spent half an hour help line that I could help. Apparently, backups are in a library file that is not accessible in time Lion. It's crazy. They will have to issue a patch.

The simplest method to acquire to the iCal folder in Time Machine is to set up by means of the Macintosh HD. tick on Macintosh HD and then enter Time Machine and find the way to the folder in iCal.

Code:
    / Users / ~ / Library / Application Support / iCal

Want to restore from Time Machine back for the reason that I lost all iCal data.I cannot locate iCal folder in Application Support. I cannot locate the iCal program in the Applications folder, nevertheless cannot restore file for the reason that It needs OS X

Not find the information in support of or iCal applications, but in HD / Users /.. / Library / Calendars. The library can be accessed by pressing the Option key and Go to the Finder menu bar. Restore the entire Calendars folder Time Machine

Note that. Ics are lists of events, not timetables as such, so we first have or create an iCal calendar in a vacuum. (A new one is easier to remove if it is not what you want.) Then import from the upper entrance. Ics in the list in the new calendar.

If you go back to their calendars, export more, in a backup folder for safety. Also note that. Icbu backup files no longer work in 10.7.2 iCal