Thread: No save as option in Mac OS X Lion TextEdit

No save as option in Mac OS X Lion TextEdit

There is only one 'Save a version' in the menu, not Save As. I have no idea where these live versions, I have to save the text in a specific folder with a specific title and cannot do this. The workaround guess is open is the Word and keep them there. This defeat all the beauty of text editing. Is there something I'm not seeing? or doing?

Re: No save as option in Mac OS X Lion TextEdit

Quote Originally Posted by sHaRiCe View Post
    There is only one 'Save a version' in the menu, not Save As. I have no idea where these live versions, I have to save the text in a specific folder with a specific title and cannot do this. The workaround guess is open is the Word and keep them there. This defeat all the beauty of text editing. Is there something I'm not seeing? or doing?
    Come across the file in the Finder (it's in the Documents folder in the sidebar by default) and formulate a copy of it.

The "Save As" was eliminated in the current version of the Lion, perhaps in the past, too. Unless a software publisher decides Part 3 still are not going to be there. This means that Apple released the programs (TextEdit, preview, the iWork suite, etc.) and does not.

Duplicate works (or less) as a substitute, but requires additional steps to change the name, choosing a different format, and place the document in a different location. , I prefer to have "Save as" .

If you can get a copy of the text editing snow leopard and add it to your Applications folder Lion (Lion TextEdit but put elsewhere if necessary). Save as works as before, although Lion Default Folder will not work with TextEdit in lion

Quote Originally Posted by sHaRiCe View Post
    Place the desktop only document. When opened, there is no Save As. Duplication of himself - not to save as.let me know if you want any further solution

Quote Originally Posted by Bontu View Post
    If you can get a copy of the text editing snow leopard and add it to your Applications folder Lion (Lion TextEdit but put elsewhere if necessary). Save as works as before, although Lion Default Folder will not work with TextEdit in lion
    Just to save a step further? The benefits of the versions are far superior to the disadvantages of an additional step

Is there no way to tell Apple. I cannot believe that thousands of users depended on Preview to change the format of a photo copy of opportunity for web publishing quick-reference text, etc. It has many uses that the only reason I can imagine his fall is due to make it work as iOS - and that would be a step backwards. I realize that there are "answers mail clients" in the mail, but there is no such thing to edit text or preview.