Thread: Adobe CS3 Design Premium apps error in OS X LION

Adobe CS3 Design Premium apps error in OS X LION

I reinstalled my Adobe CS3 applications Design Premium in the course of solving an unconnected trouble. The Adobe update fails to set up all accessible updates, for the reason that part of the process is trying to run PowerPC code. Here is the mistake note: you can’t open the application bspatch for the reason that PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Re: Adobe CS3 Design Premium apps error in OS X LION

Pull down the Apple menu and select "concerning This Mac". In the resulting window click on "More Information". In the resulting window click on "System Report". Scroll down until you observe "Software" on the left. If essential, "open" the triangle next to "Software" to enlarge it. Click on "Applications". The list will take a minute to inhabit. In the resulting exhibit drag the column dividers to make the left-most columns narrower, allowing more columns to display. Click on the "Kind" column header to order the list by that. Scroll down until you discover "type" values of "PowerPC”. When you discover "bspatch", click on it. You should scrutinize its site in the panel below the list. That location might give you in order about the file. If nothing else, it will disclose its location so that you can do a "Get Info" on the file to see if it includes a company name.

Bspatch appears to be a part of the updates to Illustrator, in addition confirmed the error in his box of Mac OS X lion.if i find anything newthing than i will update everyone here

I have the same trouble. MacBook Pro C2D Mac OS X 10.7.1 + Lion + Adobe CS3 Web Premium Suite. During installation of updates Illustrator 13.0.1 update not, for the reason that bspatch compiled against PPC and only Rosetta is no longer available in Lion.

Adobe technician was right bspatch talking about is available as part of the operating system OS X. Go to the system fatal, and then type 'whereis bspatch. In my system is in / usr / bin / bspatch. So if it is a part of OSX is not probable to compile against PPC. He tried to run. It works extremely well.

Well, if Adobe cannot fix your installation after the writing of them. Adobe will not fix anything for CS3, which is 3 versions support the current version. Just gives you the best solution is going to get.

I was when I loaded 10.0.2 patches Lion was not an option. I was exporting to PS and print from there. But what works and I have Illustrator CS3 my impression was again removing some files.

I do not make use of the terminal, especially not something so convoluted, so it will not work for me. I cannot even read. CS3 is back versions, not three. In addition, what makes you so certain that Adobe will not fix your installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Man!nox View Post
    I do not make use of the terminal, especially not something so convoluted, so it will not work for me. I cannot even read. CS3 is back versions, not three. In addition, what makes you so certain that Adobe will not fix your installation?
    In my case it was the files installed by the recommendation by a third corporation, not Apple or Adobe. Nevertheless even if you do not make use of fatal that the script was extremely detailed and with no trouble go even if you do not appreciate what you are doing.

This is fault of Adobe and Apple. Apples for Rosetta fall, Adobe, which holds that there are no problems with shipping Lion with CS3 software, while PPC.

Error message dialog hat is useless and know nothing about where Adobe could be writing a meaningful error message.

My situation was a new Snow Leopard install and immediately updates Lion. Master Collection CS3 installation went well. Adobe Updater 5 comes up empty-handed due to an expired security certificate. Adobe Updater 6 is for CS4 + apparently. I have to adjust the clock back to September to run it (dangerously, Adobe? I feel like I'm hacking shareware in the 1990s). So here I am manually installing updates.

The specific trouble addressed by Sergio instructions and my variations is that Adobe bundled a version for PPC only a standard Unix tool - bspatch - within the installer package. OS X has this tool on board; set addresses the supervision of Adobe, overwriting the version for PPC with the release of Apple.

Bspatch seems that the error is resolved, and the installer is not unknown for another reason. In fact, at this point down the road with Steve from Adobe as well and once even got to see a progress bar go backwards! It's kind of academic, since I never use Illustrator anyway.

Dreamweaver is almost irrelevant in these days, and In design and Illustrator are each curve as a whole "learning I mostly make web graphics. I do not think Adobe will devote time and resources to repair their old updaters at this time. It is a pity that Adobe does not allow Creative Suite applications to be updated individually, if you bought in a package.