Thread: Unable to use Amazon mp3 downloader in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to use Amazon mp3 downloader in Mac OS X Lion

I just upgraded to Lion, and tried to pay money for an album from the music store in the Amazon .I downloaded a new-fangled Amazon MP3 Downloader, although each time I open the program, to download a file .the application crashes, below is a crash log, the procedure seems to work well on my backup disk 10.6.8.

Code:
    Process:         Amazon MP3 Downloader [1050]
    Path:            /Applications/Amazon MP3 Downloader.app/Contents/MacOS/Amazon MP3 Downloader
    Identifier:      com.amazon.AmazonMP3Downloader
    Version? (1.0.14)
    Code Type:       X86 (Native)
    Parent Process:  launchd [385]
     Date/Time:       2011-11-12 00:53:16.324 -0500
    OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
    Report Version:  9
     Interval Since Last Report:          524125 sec
    Crashes Since Last Report:           17
    Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  123 sec
    Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   13

Re: Unable to use Amazon mp3 downloader in Mac OS X Lion

Have you checked the Amazon page for the Program Compatibility with Lion? And, curiosity, do you need the software to download your purchase (I've never bought any music from Amazon)?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond! View Post
    Have you checked the Amazon page for the Program Compatibility with Lion? And, curiosity, do you need the software to download your purchase (I've never bought any music from Amazon)?
    Yes, the first time that buying music from Amazon, you have got to download "Amazon MP3 Downloader"

I had a similar trouble last night. Buy Album from Amazon, mandatory make use of of the download. each download First time start, a window that pops up asking if I required to restore the windows. I clicked "yes" and "no" the program would crash each time.

This morning, I decided to observe if I disabled the function of Lion were not restored when you restart windows application (System Preferences -> General, near the bottom of the screen). With disabilities present, then the Downloader seems to work. No one can say with certainty, but it could be something for you to try. Good luck.

I have the same problem but your solution does not work for me. I tried reinstalling a few times, and like you, I clicked Yes and No in the prompt restoration. extremely frustrating. Does anyone else have a solution to address?

I am having a similar trouble. He went to download an album today (AmazonMP3 used in the past) and I needed to download the new version.

First trouble was that I got an error trying to install the update. I would be able to mount the drive, run the installer, and then clicking the Install button gave me this error:"Installation Failed: Failed to copy the new version of Amazon MP3 Downloader application directory."

I got same trouble. I tried to delete the application and running the installation again. I reboot my system. I tried the earlier suggestion to turn off the "restore window" feature. Still cannot install correctly. The strange thing is that although it appears to "install" the application. It makes a copy of any way to my applications folder and leaves me open - but then I have to stay in the trouble mentioned in the first post. Just keep accident over and over again.

I was initially getting the "restore window" system, but like I said, he turned that option as suggested above. Still no luck. And there seems to be absolutely no help in the Amazon site. All I can find at this point (still looking) is only general instructions to download the application and install it. Nothing really solved at all.

These are pull-downs. Then he gave me the option to email or phone support (chat is not available for this type of trouble, it said in the chat button).I'm not sure if it will help any of us, but I wanted to convey.