Thread: pdf not opening from sharepoint 2010 with acrobat X pro

pdf not opening from sharepoint 2010 with acrobat X pro

My question is that I am having some issues with the opening of the pdf file from sharepoint 2010 with the acrobat X pro. What happens is that I can see the icon for the pdf documents which are saved in the document library. I cannot find the options of checking out or do not have the option for editing the checking in. some times what happens is that when I try to open the pdf file the self copy of servers adobe readers open not my own copy of the acrobat X pro. So if anyone could help me out in solving the problem, as I’m stucked and cannot work further.

Re: pdf not opening from sharepoint 2010 with acrobat X pro

I am able to do in the document library using the IE 8 and is able to open the file with the sharepoint dropdown menu

Even I want to know how is it possible to open the the pdf document from the sharepoint 2010 as I’m also persisting from the same problem and not able to open the pdf file from the sharepoint 2010.

See if you are persisting from the problem then try doing the following things hope it helps you out , but before that I awnt to know what happens when you try to open the pdf document does it opens in the browsers or opens directly with the acrobat X pro.

So if you are not able to open the pdf from the sharepoint then do one thing map as a drive for the sharepoint library by going to the “My computer” right click on it and now seeing option map a drive. Now after doing this for the sharepoint library type the URL and after doing this press on “OK” button. Now on a map drive try double clicking a pdf in a library. Now there will be message displayed that will ask you to checkout the file. So after doing this all I want to ask you do you see the file menu under the menu item of the sharepoint server

I want to ask you that do you have the idea that you should install the active X control AdobeAcrobat.OpenDocuments.

I want you to check it out whether the service of the webclient is started or not. So for this do the following things:-

For the windows 7 users ;

Go to the start menu on your desktop

After that go to the services and then check the status of webclient

For windows XP users :

Go to the start menu on your dektop

Click on the “run” and type the service.msc and then check the status for the webclient

Now in that if you see the service is not started then try starting it and check that are you able to open the documents using the map drive. And I guess you are using the windows as the operating system