Thread: Error messages "C:\Windows|Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded"

Error messages "C:\Windows|Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded"

A few days ago when starting up my computer my computer prompted me to do a startup repair, which I did. When I restarted my computer I got some error messages once Windows started, such as:
    "C:\Windows|Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded."
    I got another error message when I opened Google Chrome, but was able to get it to work when I reloaded the page.

I tried a system restore to the last restore point (about 10 days ago).
    Ever since then, when I start up Windows, I get a series of error messages for application errors and initialization errors for basically every program on my system, and I can't open most programs. Some of the errors:
    "The application failed to initialize properly. (0x0000096). Click OK to terminate the application."
    "iTunes Helper was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes."

Any ideas what might have caused this problem, and how it can be fixed? Will I have to reinstall Windows Vista? I have tried to research this but haven't found any answers for this exact problem.
    Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Re: Error messages "C:\Windows|Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded"

The error indicates that you need to correctly install the NET Framework 4.0, so first try to uninstall the 4.0 stuff on the computer now, and install the TWO downloadable installers from the links below, IN THE ORDER I give them.

1. NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...6-fb17111cf544

2. NET Framework 4.0 Full
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...F-B21F31AB88B7

Re: Error messages "C:\Windows|Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded"

ok i messed up my registry keys on regedit and i deleted net framework v4.0.30916 or whatever it is lol so how do i fix this? because now its saying this but first it said i need to point it to the install root and i looked up on internet how to do so and i typed this thing in cmd and now its saying this? it would be very helpful if some1 cud help me

You can also choose a system restore to go back in the period where everything was working fine. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.