Thread: How to change PDF Portfolio Cover in Acrobat Pro 9?

How to change PDF Portfolio Cover in Acrobat Pro 9?

In windows, I have seen that PDF Portfolio files are displayed as follows::
    • Using common PDF icons or If the folder allows larger pictures, then we see the standards Porfolio cover showing a book,
    • And also there I found the note about the needed version and a download button.

And here, my question is as:
    • is there any way to replace the standard PDF Portfolio cover and symbol by the user defined one?

I am asking this all thing because of the version and the download button aren't useful for people which already use correct versions. So if you are having the proper information about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: How to change PDF Portfolio Cover in Acrobat Pro 9?

I think that you are talking about the Cover Sheet and you are thinking for changing that. This is page that users will see if their software cannot support Portfolios and this is not the part of the Portfolio navigator. And also let me tell you that the Cover Sheet is the parent to the entire document, and is nothing more than a one-page PDF file. And if you want to view the Cover Sheet then for that you will need to do as:
    • in Acrobat, choose View -> Portfolio -> Cover Sheet.

And also be sure that you can not delete it, but yes, you can edit it. And also with this, you can also create your own design, and use the page thumbnails right-click replace page tool to swap in your new page. And dude, if you are thinking to change every Cover Sheet on the Portfolio you make then for replace the default "coversheet.pdf" file within the Acrobat install as:
    • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\DocSettings\CombineFiles

Try with this, hope that this will help you to do as you want to change the PDF Portfolio Cover. Reply me back that what happens after this try.

Hey dude, thanks for your help. But here also I am not getting the exact thing that I want to find. Here I am talking about the attached picture visualizes cover. Please tell me back if there is any template Acrobat uses for that and also file I could customize or replace by an own one.?? But thanks for helping me about the suggestion.

Ok, if you are thinking to change this, then for that reason, I will suggest you that you will need to build it. And if you want to do this then for that reason, I can help you make this manually. If you want to do this manually then reply me back about this.

Hey dude, here I want to ask you something and that is as:-

1. Is there a way to explicitelly search for portfolios and exclude simple pdfs as results?
    2. Did you also found a way to change many covers in one go?

Please reply me back about this. I am asking you this all things because, I am also thinking to do the same and hope that you will help me to answer my questions.

Hey dude, thanks fopr suggesting me about the steps of the changing the PDF Portfolio Cover in Acrobat Pro 9. I tried with that all, and finally I get that I am able to change the PDF Portfolio Cover in Acrobat Pro 9. Thanks for helping me dude.

In this case, I would like to inform you al over here that Acrobat 9 comes with a default set of PDF Portfolio layouts. And you can also take the help for the bundling up a set of files and sending them around as a single PDF file. And if you would like to customize headers then for that you will need to follow the some of the basic features that will allow you to customize headers. And also with this, you can also customize welcome screen as well as the ability to apply different color palettes.