Thread: Tab Order functionality is not working in Adobe Acrobat 9.

Tab Order functionality is not working in Adobe Acrobat 9.

Recently I have upgraded t form the Acrobat Pro 8.0 to 9.0. But still after this update, I am facing problem with this. And that is related with the Tab Order functionality. I get this all problem at the time I have the tab order set to "Order Tabs Manually” and after setting this through the painstaking process of dragging and dropping the fields Panel to the right order and save my PDF. And all things works fine when next time I have to change the forms. And after doing this, I have to make a change to the form that requires me to either add a new field or even just to move an existing field even down one pixel to line up with other fields. And this thing I have to do again and again and this is very frustrating to me. For getting resolve about this problem, I have also tried with the checking the process again and again but each time there I found the same thing and this is happening again and again to me. If here anyone have the idea about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: Tab Order functionality is not working in Adobe Acrobat 9.

I am also facing the same problems over here. And in my cause also I can see that I am having the problem as Tab order keeps changing. And for getting resolve this problem I have tried with the setting the custom tab order and this helped me a little in this case. And after this I am sure over here that this will be better if all new fields were placed at the bottom of the tab sequence, then we could set the order as necessary. You can also try with this, hope that this will also help in your case.

Hey dude, thanks for helping me in this case. I also agree with the placing new fields at the end of the tab sequence and also this will help us to not automatically rearrange the order of the fields in between, and also here I am very sure that this will be helpful to us. But still I don’t want to try with this, and this is because, the way it works is very slow and also it is little bit frustrating for me. And this is very slow when I am dealing with the hundreds of fields on a particular form. I suppose here that Adobe finds a better way to set their user's custom tab order.

Here, in my case, I have got the calendar layout and for that I want a checkbox for each day. And there I found that the form should tab through the calendar day-by-day, and then skip to the next month. And for that doing this takes approximately 2 hours of manually dragging fields around to get the right tab order. And after doing this all, I have to do is adjust ONE field which means that to select this and then nudge it with the arrow key. This is really very frustrating for me. And I am sure that here someone will have the suggestion to doing this thing. Please reply me back about this if you are having any suggestion in this case. And also if here anyone have the same problem then please reply me back about this.

Yes, I also agree with this, I am also having the same problem with the tab order in the adobe Acrobat 9. And I face this type of the problem at the time when I am working on forms for a client with more than 100 text and checkbox fields. And for that it cause me to give me more of this kind of work but here while correcting the things I am getting so much of time while correcting them. Please help me if you have found any help related with this.

No, yet having the same problem with Tab Order functionality in the Adobe Acrobat 9. But for that I think that you will need to take the help of the ordering functionality in Acrobat 9 and I am sure that it will help you to makes reordering slightly easier.

Ok, I am getting your requirement over here and with this I can say that I am not having the suggestion on this topic. But still I can suggest you to submit the bug report to the Adobe and hope that they will help you to resolve your problem. And also here I can say to you that abut this Adobe be familiar with that it had complete it, but it has not been resolve in all this time. I have also given a report to this thing and hope that Acrobat 9 Maybe if enough people complain this bug will get fixed.

Ok, as you have suggested me I submitted a bug report. I am not sure here that they would reply for my problem and they help me to get resolve this all problem that I have. I am doing this all things, because I don't want to turn down the work from my clients, but they are always requesting edits, which is normal.

I can see that in the previous version, when we switched to tab order mode at that time the tab order number would be shown in each field and you could start anywhere you wanted in the tab order to begin reorder by clicking on the fields in the arrange you want. And also with that version I can also say that with that I was not having any related issues. If they could only fix the bugs and enhanced it to match what is available in LiveCycle Designer, then I think that this will be the it would be a huge improvement. But the perfect would be to have both techniques available. There is no good cause not to have both obtainable.

I am sure here that you are facing this problem only because of the new update to the Acrobat9. And I have seen that all the users who are having this problem are facing this problem with the Acrobat 9 only. And to get resolve this problem I will suggest you to try back with the Acrobat 8. I am sure that you will not face the same problem over there also.

Hey all, this last week, I have called the Acrobat Support line about the tab order re-ordering itself. And from there I found that they had told me that they will reply me these weeks after they have got the suggestion about this. But there also I found that they have not replied me yet. What to do now?? And I am sure that I am facing this problem form the Day when I updated to the adobe 9.0 now I am thinking to downgrade the version and I am sure that this will help me to resolve the problem. But thanks for suggesting me about the contacting with the tech support.

Friends, thanks for suggesting me about my Tab Order functionality is not working. I have also checked for the all the things that you all have suggested me over here. But still I get that Tab Order functionality is still not working. For making sure about this, I have also tried with o many times with the same suggestion but still get that this is not functioning properly. Can here anyone suggest me any other suggestion in this case??