Thread: Acrobat Printer get's Freeze when CTL+V is used

Acrobat Printer get's Freeze when CTL+V is used

I am using Acrobat X and the problem that I am facing is that when I am trying to print to Adobe PDF then I am getting a dialogue box for "Save PDF File As" and it is not allowing me to paste the text in the File Name field and then when I tried to use the ctl+v shortcut then the Acrobat printer itself got crashed and I have found that it also takes down the print spooler as well because of which I have to restart the machine in order to do the printing and I think that this problem has probably started after I have installed the Acrobat 9.Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated

Re: Acrobat Printer get's Freeze when CTL+V is used

I don’t have the same problem with the Acrobat X and I am using Windows XP 32bit but then I have found that there are people facing the similar problem who all are having the following:
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7 64-bit OS

I have heard that there was problem with it previously as well but then they have not be solved with the Acrobat X and I think that the release of 10 will sort it out.

I was not aware of it by now I mean that I have not yet came across the os issue that you have specified. My system information is as followed:
    • Windows 7 64-bit
    • 6G RAM
    • 128GB SSD
    • core i-7

I think that there should be a solution to solve it out rather than waiting for 10.

I was facing the same problem with the Windows 7 Professional but then I was able to solve the problem by the below method:

• First make sure that the menu bar is available From Explorer 8 because it will help you to see menus are active by right clicking on the Explorer 8 menu bar.
    • You will have the "Convert" and "Select” option in the Adobe menu and I have found that when we print a page by using the "Convert" option and "Convert page to PDF format"
    • Then if you are having an antivirus then it will ask you whether you want to allow Abobe 9 to connect automatically to Explorer 8 so just select always and done you will not face the same problem again.

Yes even I have tried this solution and after that I am not having any problem in printing and now I am very well able to use the all the below commands without any issue:
    • Just right clicking and then using print command and then selecting Adobe PDF from the printer options.
    • By using the "Convert" option form the menu on the Explorer 8 Adobe bar.
    • By accessing the print page button on a web page.
    • By using Explorer 8's print icon through the print preview by just selecting the Adobe PDF printer that you want to use.

Yes this method works and I will like to inform you that if this method is working for you then there are possibilities that the cause for this problem is because of the virus protection programs that are preventing Adobe 9 communicating with the internet but then I am not saying that it is the same case with all the antivirus because I have been using the McAfee trusted programs firewall option and I did not had the same problem. I have found that there are some antivirus that do stops Adobe 9 from communicating with the internet so if it is possible you can just try to get another antivirus that won’t results in such problems further. Just check out a couple of trial version and then get the best one for you.

Even I am facing the same kind of problem and I am using printing from Firefox and when I am trying to print to PDF and if I use the Ctrl+V then the windows gets freezed and it just does not respond at all and to resolve this the only solution that I have found is by terminating the host process after which the printing works when the Firefox is restarted but the main problem that I am having because of this is when I try to print any receipt from online bill pay to PDF and when the same thing happens it does not print even after the Firefox is restarted and it gives me some kind of error message. I don’t know how to overcome this. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I am facing the same kind of problem and I am using printing from Firefox and when I am trying to print to PDF and if I use the Ctrl+V then the windows gets freezed and it just does not respond at all and to resolve this the only solution that I have found is by terminating the host process after which the printing works when the Firefox is restarted but the main problem that I am having because of this is when I try to print any receipt from online bill pay to PDF and when the same thing happens it does not print even after the Firefox is restarted and it gives me some kind of error message. I don’t know how to overcome this. Any further help will be appreciated.
    I think that this problem might not be because of the an Adobe issue but it can be because of the Firefox as well and I am saying this because I have printing/saving something as a PDF in Internet Explorer 9 but then I had never faced such problems as you have specified. I think that since the Firefox is a 32-bit program there might be some kind of incompatibility issue that is not allowing the codes to work properly and I will say that I find Internet Explorer better than Firefox in order to save a web page as a PDF. If you want you can try out the same and check if it is making any difference. I think that it should work for you if it is just not an adobe issue.

I think that this problem might not be because of the an Adobe issue but it can be because of the Firefox as well and I am saying this because I have printing/saving something as a PDF in Internet Explorer 9 but then I had never faced such problems as you have specified. I think that since the Firefox is a 32-bit program there might be some kind of incompatibility issue that is not allowing the codes to work properly and I will say that I find Internet Explorer better than Firefox in order to save a web page as a PDF. If you want you can try out the same and check if it is making any difference. I think that it should work for you if it is just not an adobe issue.

I will like to inform you that I have been using the firefox and I am not facing any such problem so I really don’t think that it is actually some kind of issue that is involving the browser as well but what I have found is that the problem consistently occurs when we use the Acrobat printer as a device from any application in Windows and I have also found that just typing in the file name is a non-starter in cases when we use the long referential number strings and I have also found that it especially occurs when we use the other printing devices for e.g CutePDF printer.

I think that this problem is because of the printer service.Even I have been facing the same problems that are mentioned above but then I face the freezing while printing more than the pasting in the file name and I have also experienced that the application does not respond until the application splwow62.exe gets killed. I have also found that the application splwow62.exe is required to handle the printer communication from a 32 bit app on a 64 bit system and I have found this issue with a no of people. You can just check your program version from here if you want.

Hey thanks for the solution I was really able to solve the problem after trying out your solution. I was just getting tired of trying out solutions that were just not working at the end but now after trying your solution I finally got a relief from the problem. Thanks a lot once again.