Thread: Not able to update Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 in win xp 32bit

Not able to update Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 in win xp 32bit

I have just now installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 and I am having win xp 32bit as my operating system and the problem that I am facing is that I am Not able to update Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 .I have found that the option "Help > Check for Updates" is missing. I have already tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it but then it is not helping me out and I am facing the same problem again. I really don’t know what to do. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Not able to update Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 in win xp 32bit

I have just now installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 and I am having win xp 32bit as my operating system and the problem that I am facing is that I am Not able to update Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 .I have found that the option "Help > Check for Updates" is missing. I have already tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it but then it is not helping me out and I am facing the same problem again. I really don’t know what to do. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to try and get one of following updates manually and then check if it is making any difference:
    • AcrobatReaderUpd812_SU1_all.msi
    • AcrobatUpd812_all_incr.msp
    • AcrobatUpd817_all_incr.msp

Just check them out and if they do not help them let me know so I can try to help you out with other solutions.

Yes you can very well try the above steps but if in case you are not able to install the updates manually then I think that you might be having the Acrobat Reader installed on your computer and if it is really so then I will suggest you to remove it by using the Windows Install Cleanup Utility and then using it just repair the Acrobat Pro. I have found this to be recommended by the above but then I have found a no of people who have not followed the same and are still not having any problem but then you can just try it out and see if it is making any difference.

Even I will suggest you to download it manually and you can just get all the Adobe updates here just install all the updates in the respected manner 8.1, 8.1.1 and 8.1.2 and then it should probably solve your problem.

Hey thank you all guys for helping me out I was just trying to get it work somehow and I was trying the same since yesterday but then none of the solution that I had tried was not working for me but then when I uninstalled the Acrobat Reader using the Windows Install Cleanup Utility and then followed the link and installed the updates in the same manner then the problem was solved. I am really happy now, once again thanks to you all for your help.

Hey even I am having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same. I mean that I am having Czech version of Adobe Acrobat 8.0.0 and now I am just not able to install any of the 8.1 from the download area. I have tried doing the same from several times but then it is just not working for me. I have tried to search a solution for the same and I have found one saying that multiple languages version might help but then when I checked out I did not found any of the versions address the Czech edition. Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me with a solution for the same? Any help for this will be highly appreciated.