Thread: Only see weird character after copying text from PDF file

Only see weird character after copying text from PDF file

Hi, i am having quite weird problem with copying text from the PDF file as whenever i do that, i can see only weird characters on the word. For an example they looks like,

“QyOLFWRULYDHVXDRORGXF2EWHQSDUWLUGFVGHOGHH[WRVDHLyQESUDFWRVI”

Is there anybody over here having similar kind of problem with copying, why this is happening any idea? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Only see weird character after copying text from PDF file

Yeah sometimes it happens with me as well, like whenever we do this with the PDF reader we got such characters printed on the screen. But see i would like to make you aware about the actual fact as while this happens deliberately, it means the article author has detached or re-written the toUnicode map, using a plug-in whereas while it happens accidentally it generally means the software exporting the PDF didn't pass the correct font information to the PDF print driver (in the PostScript stream).

i am completely i agree with the above user but still will you please let me know If you go to File >> Properties and go to the “Fonts tab”, what is the Identity listed for the fonts?

It's a trouble that frequently occurs by chance, but is also used deliberately to put off copying and indexing of PDF files, particularly while posted online. Actually the thing is like Fonts in PDF files are kept in two tables, one holds the glyphs that’s the character shapes and one holds a "toUnicode" map, which state what character every glyph represents. Acrobat uses the first table to depict the page, so it does not really know what the text says, only which prototype of shapes to depict. while you copy or look for the file, the second lookup table is been exercised to work out what the text says.

If this ‘toUnicode’ map is tainted or missing, the PDF will deliver to screen and print just well, but Acrobat has no design what the shapes denote. The result while you screen read, export, search or copy/paste is a default set of mappings - so it will be a 1:1 association (every "A" will turn out to be the identical character) - but the combination is not unsurprising, so it cannot automatically be fixed. You can do it using plug-in but would have to manually work out what each pair should be, and reconstruct the map table a letter at a time.

i would like to recommend you that you should try to make use of Foxit Reader, which is also a PDF document viewer, with unbelievable small size, breezing-fast launch, speed and rich feature set.

You can see the IMAGE i have posted below along with its features

Features:

• Incredibly small:

• Breezing-fast:

• Annotation tool:

• Text converter:

• High security and privacy:

Ok that was quite good but still please let me know from where i can download the PDF reader that you have mentioned, i am not getting it from anywhere. And thanks for quite good explanation, as i was completely unaware about the fact.

i was also having the same opinion about the PDF reader that you are using as you should try to make use of another PDF reader so that you can easily copy whatever you wanted to copy.

Anyways you can download it from here.