Thread: Linux mint look bad from other Linux OS

Linux mint look bad from other Linux OS

As per all you have an idea that the Linux mint 12 Lisa will come with Gnome 3.2 or Gnome 2.32 because of these the Linux mint user have seen Gnome 2.32 long and sufficient, I believe that people wish for to see how the Linux Mint 12 but the gnome shell looks to see. Linux Mint developers added their Meta package for gnome shell in the Linux Mint repository; so I installed it to observe the appearance of Linux Mint 12 Lisa, I didn’t in fact install Linux Mint 12 or so-call Ubuntu 11.10; I just installed a Meta package for gnome shell from Linux Mint repository on Ubuntu 11.10. And it does crash; so don’t do this on your productive machine does it is look bad?

Re: Linux mint look bad from other Linux OS

For me it is too difficult to say that the claims you got from the mint Meta package being tested for mint 12 which was gnome 3.whether it is closely resemble so what is the final edition be supposed to be look like I don't recognize...perhaps somebody who is working with the testing packages can post to confirm that it's an accurate or not.

I was just thought...the technique it infects looks now (mint 12 Meta for gnome 3) do you recognize if present there are two panels involved? also... it just contain menu or both having a same mint menu and the side docky as gnome 3 shell usually have...those are the two things I am a bit confused regarding still though if I understand (as you mention) that the picture on the you tube link put that on top of a ubuntu 11.10 install so things get thrown off a bit

That Gnome 3 it will be broke the Linux mint OS system, so what you are expect from the broken, the only thing that tablet user make an experimental with the horrible usability we need to work that make the same as like a gnome 2?

I won’t be able to remove from the top of the panel...It is so complicated part of the gnome 3 shell that unable to use with the mint OS. However it is from new mint 12 it sounds is similar to you and can be able to remove from the base panel and can be shift the new slab menu and windows switcher up to the top panel instead that if you desire and still have only one panel..it would be just on the top instead if bottom.

My desktop looks approximately similar as shown on blog. Great! But there's a matter with MGSE. As you increase number of favorites in gnome shell the length of MGSE menu keeps on increasing to the extent that the top part gets invisible. Maybe that's the work in progress

When we are working through with an extension gnome 3 and I did not mention something about a bottom panel and the addition on mint menu to it so although I just considered that meant is just any of the panel on the bottoms as before but It might be a bottom panel addition to the gnome 3 top one…