Thread: Getting error code 2004 with cruz reader

Getting error code 2004 with cruz reader

I am using Cruz Reader and then problem that I am facing with it is that while I was trying to download a book from my public library it said me to first get the message to download the overdrive media console and when I tried to do the same then I got a pops up saying "to use this ebook, you must authorize this device with an adobe ID and then when I entered the adobe I'd and password I got another error which said that " error activating the device with adobe” and as far as I remember it was error code 2004.I don’t know what to do know. Is there anyone who has faced the same and ahs an idea about it as well and can help me out with further steps. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting error code 2004 with cruz reader

I am using Cruz Reader and then problem that I am facing with it is that while I was trying to download a book from my public library it said me to first get the message to download the overdrive media console and when I tried to do the same then I got a pops up saying "to use this ebook, you must authorize this device with an adobe ID and then when I entered the adobe I'd and password I got another error which said that " error activating the device with adobe” and as far as I remember it was error code 2004.I don’t know what to do know. Is there anyone who has faced the same and ahs an idea about it as well and can help me out with further steps. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I was facing the same problem and even I was trying to get it work somehow but then I was able to get it work somehow actually I had changed the Cruz's time settings and in order to do so you just have to go to the home screen and then go to the main app page and after that select the "settings" icon and after that select the "Date and Time" and then if it is set to automatic timing then just deselect it and then set the time manually and then just run the above process that you had tried before and then you won’t find the same message again. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the solution I was really trying to solve this out since when and I don’t even remember the no of steps that I have tried but then after trying the above one I was able to solve it without any further error messages and problem. Once again thanks to you.

Even I was facing the same problem and I have tried the above solution but then even it did not worked for me. I have also tried to reinstall the firmware on the Cruz thinking that it will solve it out but then even it did not helped. I have also sent a mail regarding the same problem to the Cruz but I have not yet got any response from them as well. I have heard that this problem is not just with the EST but it is with the all the time zones but I am not that sure about this.