Thread: Excel is not working in Mac OS X Lion

Excel is not working in Mac OS X Lion

Just download and install Mac OS X Lion and I am trying to open an Excel document that can be used in Snow Leopard and I'm going with the following message Cannot Microsoft Excel implementation for PowerPC applications are not supported. It looks like Word and PowerPoint is not working well and I cannot access my files.

Re: Excel is not working in Mac OS X Lion

You require upgrading your version of Microsoft Office 2008 or Office 2011 now work well in Mac OS X Lion.

The Rosetta component is requisite to run on PowerPC (PPC) Applications in Intel-based Mac. It has been many years since Apple sell a PPC based Mac so they determined to discontinue supporting PPC softwares by not counting Rosetta with the lion.

Thank you. I'm pretty new to all this and, in retrospect, should have backed up my machine before upgrading my operating system which could be reversed if there was a problem. Sorry for the dumb question if I upgrade to Office 2011 should be able to open my old files and OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    Thank you. I'm pretty new to all this and, in retrospect, should have backed up my machine before upgrading my operating system which could be reversed if there was a problem. Sorry for the dumb question if I upgrade to Office 2011 should be able to open my old files and OK?
    Not to worry. Yes, Office 2008 and 2011 work well. Or you can switch to Neo Office, which is interchangeable with the Office products, and is free. perceive for yourself. All the old files will open in NeoOffice.