Thread: Unable to change mail list font in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to change mail list font in Mac OS X Lion

Mac OS X Lion seems unable to change the font on the mailing list on the left side. The default font is a horrible, tiny. Go to Preferences> Fonts and colors and the choice of the source message list displays a source selector. All settings other source of work at this point of view, except the source of the message list. If you go to the "Classic" (also known as ugly) point of view, the list of messages in the source of work is variable. I am a big believer in software aesthetics, especially in an application that is watching all day.

Re: Unable to change mail list font in Mac OS X Lion

I have the same opinion. This is presently my major aggravation with Lion. Mail just looks devastatingly cluttered when you have a ton of post. I kept annoying to amend the mail list as well and it won't bring up to date. Guess we'll have to wait for Apple to fix this.

I think I'm happier showing 0 lines from the message body. Just subject & from makes it a little easier to look at. Still, I'm astonished Apple settled on this esthetically. It's like it desires additional space and less boldness.

He agreed. I've tried the whole thing. Why offer the font alter in the preferences if you cannot meet? General System of Preferences permits you to enlarge the icons on the sidebar, nevertheless only makes the section e-mail folders larger. So you be able to make the columns one and three large, nevertheless not the message list. It seems an simple answer. I hope.

The size of the font in the message list is a big annoyance for me too. You can increase the font in the message itself is extremely high-quality. I like having the list of messages to the side, but it is barely legible, as it is on my 13 "MacBook Air.

This makes the list of accounts on the larger, but the synopsis of sending messages and info is still too small. How I can get the most? The letter of the message is easy adducible. The details in the message list are way too small.

Okay, this is a mistake to think - Preferences - Fonts and Colors - has the option to modify the source message list, but that option only works in Classic View in the list view of Lion new message.

This is capable to be a difficult for a lot of as Macs have dissimilar screen resolutions.

That's what I like mine, apart from in English! You will be able to read, nevertheless just for me on a 13 "display. They are trying to photocopy the look of mail on an iPhone. Although in my iPad is simple to read from the beginning, and the display is closer to you too.

I like the preview of the note and want to keep this view, nevertheless if we do not acquire a technique to increase the font size be capable to only give up and switch back to the view "classic" without the message preview.

Personally, I'd go elsewhere than the rest of you. I make the font the message list lower, but still does not work when trying to do that. Like all the rest of you have said, I can make the font size smaller messages, etc, and they take effect. It is only the source mailing list who refuses to change.

Also, someone above said something about the establishment of a minimum size of the email window so you do not have to work with the instructions of the small size of some e-mails they receive. I would do the same thing to reverse! I do not want to use a source of enormous because the sender of the message to choose a major source. It would probably be better if Apple only let one check a box to say "I always use my own font settings" or similar.

Sparrow does not have this capability? I tried to get used to Thunderbird, and I cannot. Their integration is too poor, and is not important functions like the ability to create a new note and have it sync with my IOS devices

I reported the problem of the source to the accessibility of Apple in the late Leo development cycle, but probably too late to get a response. I reported a bug a few weeks now regarding the release version is already installed on my air (now vintage) MacBook. I have not stepped on my iMac yet because I've been waiting for 10.7.2 to fix a couple of mistakes. Hopefully this one.

I am also getting the same trouble. I installed on an iMac Lion over 24 "and MacBook Air. None of them have this trouble where the list view mail messages” from the email address “are cut into the bottom.

Anyone have suggestions. I've even moved mail preferences and tried it out. I do not want to reinstall the Lion again, wondering if this error is specific only for the iMac 27 "users.

The new posts are also not actually stand out at all. Instead of new-fangled messages that are bold are identical to read the messages, if merely to mark blue dot. In bold - that seem designed specifically to power the monitor screen and come out very crisp and readable, especially in standard sizes. The only Helvetica is cloudy and too small.

Unfortunately, this is not fixed in 10.7.2 - hopefully it makes the cut for 10.7.3, or that someone is aware of how to hack email and fix what sources are used.