Thread: Nero 11 Platinum not able to appear in windows Start Menu.

Nero 11 Platinum not able to appear in windows Start Menu.

After installing Nero Kwik Media, it is unable to start. It does not shows in the start menu in addition does not function well. The icon is appearing in the menu, but it does not work. I can begin with some parts working on the desktop, but interested in starting it from the start menu. Please suggest. I want to write files to the CD as soon as possible.

Re: Nero 11 Platinum not able to appear in windows Start Menu.

This is quite simple. You can first try to un-install Nero, and then re-install it. I guess there will be no problem with the working. Even after it doesn’t works try with a new setup file for nero. Download the latest version or simply a fresh copy of the same version. Try installing and you will get the answer.

As you want to write your files to the CD, it is better opted to go for Nero. But as you find the problem and inconveinence to do, there might be problem with your windows operating system gone corrupt. Also you told that it doesn’t show in the start menu of your windows, so it might definitely be some corruption of windows files which it is not enabling it to work. A smart PC scan will work, if some minor files go missing.

It also depends on your windows operating system you work on.
    • For 64 bit windows, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nero\Nero 11\Nero Welcome. To create an welcome application you need to create a shortcut to your desktop.

• For 32 bit windows, use C:\Program Files\.

I doubt why Nero AG didn't created this icon on desktop as it is a default at the time of installation.

If you are interested in the icon to be appear in the start menu, from your desktop just drag and drop to the start menu list. If this doesn’t work, you can change the theme of your system. There are various types of themes available for windows as windows vista, and many more. Just apply and watch.