Thread: I don’t want my .AVI files associated with Nero Kwik Media

I don’t want my .AVI files associated with Nero Kwik Media

Recently I have installed the new Nero 10 and this is working very fine. But all time it gives me message as Kwik Media has requested to be associated with the .AVI file extension, but in my case, I don't want to change the program currently associated with .AVI and I am here to know the way to stop the Kwik Media from trying to make this change. Anyone know the setting to do this?? If yes then please reply me back about this.

Re: I don’t want my .AVI files associated with Nero Kwik Media

I this is caused only because of, this is the utility that you have installed in your system. And for that reason, make sure that you have not yet installed any of the utility that have asking for doing this change. I am sure that you will get any of the utility to do this. Try with this and then reply me back about this.

Here, I would like to say that when programs are installed like Kwik Media, then at that time they over and over again connect themselves with a file extension .AVI. Like that when you double-click on an .AVI file, it is automatically unlocked with the program connected with it. I previously contain VLC set up and it is connected with .AVI files. Later than set up Nero 10, it set up somewhat that runs in the environment continually trying to connect Kwik Media by way of .AVI files. I would like to maintain VLC connected with .AVI files, not Kwik Media. Over and over again time's programs take control file relations and at what time I set up my system I set up a utility that notice modifies to file type relations. Each 12 minutes the utility pops up asking if it be supposed to permit Nero Kwik Media to be connected with .AVI files. It's appropriate rather irritating.

I have also checked that and I see in the KM folder, there is a file called as adv.applicationformatdetector.manifest and an associated .dll file. I do not know if this notice the format of a file being bring in or it has anything to do with what you are seeing. You could for the moment add .old to the names of these two files and see what happens. I am going to catch a lot of flak for recommending you this but the names can be restored later if that doesn't work.

Ok, let me tell you all that during the Nero 10 or KwikMedia installation, they will ask you that you want to associate media files to KwikMedia, and at that time if you are selecting yes then files should be associated to KwikMedia, and if you select no then the files should not associate with the KwikMedia. I am not sure about this, because, I have never installed KwikMedia, but nothing that I can say to you is that while installing this type of the software you will be prompted to select or not. And since you are getting this type of the problem so I will suggest you to try with the reinstalling the KwikMedia, hope that this will resolve your problem.

In your cause, I think that this problem is then with this utility that you have installed. Actually I am not familiar with this type of the utility and also with this type of the problem but still I will suggest you to contact TechSupport with information on this problem, they will really help you in this case.

Yeah, I tried with reinstalling the KwikMedia, and when I am installing it again at that time I get that this is asking me for the associate media files to KwikMedia, at that time, I select no and then installation finished, and after this I get that my problem is get resolve. Now I am not having that problem. Thanks for suggesting me about this.

To associate a file type to a specific program you have to manually change the file association.

To do so follow these steps:
    • Choose the file for which the file type association should be changed. Right-click that file.
    • The context menu opens.
    • Select the Open with
    • The Open with window opens.
    • Choose the program which should open the file type from now on.
    • Select the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option.
    • Click OK
    • The file association has been changed.