Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Windows Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9
  

I am trying to install Nero 9 and I am getting some kind of installation error while installing it after the installation bar comes to 5 percent then it gets stopped and then it gives me a error saying that the "The Installation Process cannot proceed and a rollback of will be performed but it also says that Some of the applications are installed successfully and they can be used as well and it also ask that if I want to uninstall the application that have been installed. I donít have much idea about it so is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 224
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Quote:
I am trying to install Nero 9 and I am getting some kind of installation error while installing it after the installation bar comes to 5 percent then it gets stopped and then it gives me a error saying that the "The Installation Process cannot proceed and a rollback of will be performed but it also says that Some of the applications are installed successfully and they can be used as well and it also ask that if I want to uninstall the application that have been installed. I don’t have much idea about it so is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
Even I am the same problem while I was installing it on my machine which is running on xp. I have tried installing it a no of times but then I was getting the same message every time. Later I read in a forum that using a Nero cleantool is a good choice to uninstall it so o downloaded it and then I ran it and uninstalled the Nero 9 completely form my machine but then later when I tried to reinstall it then I was getting the same error message again and now I don’t know what to do. I don’t know why I am not able to install it and what is the problem all about? Any further help will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 520
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I have come across this problem in a no of forum related to this but then I have not found a perfect solution for the win xp. I have found that the installation process does install some application and it says that it can be used but then they actually donít. I have also found people who have mentioned that the process get fails at 60 percent and then they get the same error that you have specified above. I will suggest download the Nero General CleanTool and then run it to uninstall it first and you can also use the cleanmgr.exe in order to do so as you are running xp and after uninstalling it just reboot your machine and then just turn off the antivirus and then get the latest update for it just to be at the safer side. After you finish doing all this just download v9.4.44.0b of Nero form the Nero website and then try to install it again and then check if you are able to install it or not. If not then note down the error and then let me know so I can help you further. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Ok I will try it out but I just wanted to as you some questions before I start with the above solutions.
  • First thing is that I am already having the cleanmgr so is there really a need to get the Nero clean I mean that is there any difference between the both?
  • I have checked the download page previously but then it is asking me for updates and not the installation so will I be able to install it if I donít get the location of the original program?
  • I am having a free version of AVG so I just wanted to confirm that just disabling it will work or should I get it uninstalled.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 520
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I think that there is not much difference between the cleanmgr.exe and the Nero clean and I think that they might be quite equivalent but I am not very much sure about it because I have not used xp by now and you can make that out because I am calling it as cleanmgr.exe. I mean that I donít even remember the name exactly I just remember the exe file of it but as far as I am aware of it. It is basically used to clear the temp files but then you can customize it and used it as a tool to uninstall programs as well. I think that just disabling the avg will do rather that uninstalling it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I have tried as you said and I think that it was helpful to some extent because following your solution I was somehow able to start the installation but then it again stopped in the middle and then it gave me a error saying that it cannot be install as it require the following programs:
  • Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
  • Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544
  • Nero Product Patcher
  • Imagxpress
  • Lightscribe
what should I do know?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 520
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Quote:
I have tried as you said and I think that it was helpful to some extent because following your solution I was somehow able to start the installation but then it again stopped in the middle and then it gave me a error saying that it cannot be install as it require the following programs:
Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544
Nero Product Patcher
Imagxpress
Lightscribe
what should I do know?

Your problem seems to be strange because I have installed the same 9.4.44.0b but then it did not asked me for the patcher but yes it had asked me for the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and you can get then from the following:
Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Thanks for that but then I have just found the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and the Imagxpress but then what about the Lightscribe and the Nero Product Patcher. I mean that you said that you were not asked for it but then it is asking me so where could I find the remaining ones .I have tried to Google it out but I was not able to find it out. Do you have an idea about the remaining ones?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 520
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Quote:
Thanks for that but then I have just found the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and the Imagxpress but then what about the Lightscribe and the Nero Product Patcher. I mean that you said that you were not asked for it but then it is asking me so where could I find the remaining ones .I have tried to Google it out but I was not able to find it out. Do you have an idea about the remaining ones?

You can get the Nero Product Patcher easily from the Nero site and for the remaining one I will suggest you to ignore them and then try to install it again just check if it is helping you out in some way. I have tried searching for the remaining ones but even I am not getting it and I have not came across these as well so I will suggest you to just try without them and then check it out. If you will get any error then note it down and let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 148
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I have tried to ignore them and then precede the installation but then it is again getting interrupted in between with the requirement of the same files so I think that I will have to get them first and only then I will be able to install it. I will try to Google it out letís see if I am able to get them and I am really thankful to you for your help so far.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-11-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 410
Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Quote:
I have tried to ignore them and then precede the installation but then it is again getting interrupted in between with the requirement of the same files so I think that I will have to get them first and only then I will be able to install it. I will try to Google it out letís see if I am able to get them and I am really thankful to you for your help so far.

I will suggest you to contact the NeroSupport I mean that even I was having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same. It was that even I was not able to install it because of some error. I donít remember it by now but I had taken a screen short of it and then I have sent it to the Nero support and then they had helped me the next day. So I think even you can do the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting error "Could not install. Invalid installation options. Please try again." While installing Diablo III Burarro Video Games 6 21-04-2012 03:00 PM
"Nero 11 Already Installed" error message while installing Nero 11 Platinum Vijayabhas Windows Software 3 08-01-2012 04:23 PM
Problem installing quicktime "installation of assembly" error Calebh Windows Software 5 10-03-2010 04:06 PM
Error "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." while installing WebDesignerCore.exe Amadeus Office Setup 5 17-12-2008 08:15 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:24 PM.