Thread: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I am trying to install Nero 9 and I am getting some kind of installation error while installing it after the installation bar comes to 5 percent then it gets stopped and then it gives me a error saying that the "The Installation Process cannot proceed and a rollback of will be performed but it also says that Some of the applications are installed successfully and they can be used as well and it also ask that if I want to uninstall the application that have been installed. I don’t have much idea about it so is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?

Re: Getting "Installation Error" while installing Nero 9

I am trying to install Nero 9 and I am getting some kind of installation error while installing it after the installation bar comes to 5 percent then it gets stopped and then it gives me a error saying that the "The Installation Process cannot proceed and a rollback of will be performed but it also says that Some of the applications are installed successfully and they can be used as well and it also ask that if I want to uninstall the application that have been installed. I don’t have much idea about it so is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well?
    Even I am the same problem while I was installing it on my machine which is running on xp. I have tried installing it a no of times but then I was getting the same message every time. Later I read in a forum that using a Nero cleantool is a good choice to uninstall it so o downloaded it and then I ran it and uninstalled the Nero 9 completely form my machine but then later when I tried to reinstall it then I was getting the same error message again and now I don’t know what to do. I don’t know why I am not able to install it and what is the problem all about? Any further help will be appreciated.

I have come across this problem in a no of forum related to this but then I have not found a perfect solution for the win xp. I have found that the installation process does install some application and it says that it can be used but then they actually don’t. I have also found people who have mentioned that the process get fails at 60 percent and then they get the same error that you have specified above. I will suggest download the Nero General CleanTool and then run it to uninstall it first and you can also use the cleanmgr.exe in order to do so as you are running xp and after uninstalling it just reboot your machine and then just turn off the antivirus and then get the latest update for it just to be at the safer side. After you finish doing all this just download v9.4.44.0b of Nero form the Nero website and then try to install it again and then check if you are able to install it or not. If not then note down the error and then let me know so I can help you further. Best of luck.

Ok I will try it out but I just wanted to as you some questions before I start with the above solutions.

• First thing is that I am already having the cleanmgr so is there really a need to get the Nero clean I mean that is there any difference between the both?
    • I have checked the download page previously but then it is asking me for updates and not the installation so will I be able to install it if I don’t get the location of the original program?
    • I am having a free version of AVG so I just wanted to confirm that just disabling it will work or should I get it uninstalled.

I think that there is not much difference between the cleanmgr.exe and the Nero clean and I think that they might be quite equivalent but I am not very much sure about it because I have not used xp by now and you can make that out because I am calling it as cleanmgr.exe. I mean that I don’t even remember the name exactly I just remember the exe file of it but as far as I am aware of it. It is basically used to clear the temp files but then you can customize it and used it as a tool to uninstall programs as well. I think that just disabling the avg will do rather that uninstalling it.

I have tried as you said and I think that it was helpful to some extent because following your solution I was somehow able to start the installation but then it again stopped in the middle and then it gave me a error saying that it cannot be install as it require the following programs:
    • Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
    • Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544
    • Nero Product Patcher
    • Imagxpress
    • Lightscribe

what should I do know?

I have tried as you said and I think that it was helpful to some extent because following your solution I was somehow able to start the installation but then it again stopped in the middle and then it gave me a error saying that it cannot be install as it require the following programs:
    Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
    Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544
    Nero Product Patcher
    Imagxpress
    Lightscribe
    what should I do know?

Your problem seems to be strange because I have installed the same 9.4.44.0b but then it did not asked me for the patcher but yes it had asked me for the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and you can get then from the following:
    Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2
    Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544

Thanks for that but then I have just found the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and the Imagxpress but then what about the Lightscribe and the Nero Product Patcher. I mean that you said that you were not asked for it but then it is asking me so where could I find the remaining ones .I have tried to Google it out but I was not able to find it out. Do you have an idea about the remaining ones?

Thanks for that but then I have just found the Microsoft xml 4.0 SP2,Microsoft crt 2005 KB973544 and the Imagxpress but then what about the Lightscribe and the Nero Product Patcher. I mean that you said that you were not asked for it but then it is asking me so where could I find the remaining ones .I have tried to Google it out but I was not able to find it out. Do you have an idea about the remaining ones?

You can get the Nero Product Patcher easily from the Nero site and for the remaining one I will suggest you to ignore them and then try to install it again just check if it is helping you out in some way. I have tried searching for the remaining ones but even I am not getting it and I have not came across these as well so I will suggest you to just try without them and then check it out. If you will get any error then note it down and let me know.

I have tried to ignore them and then precede the installation but then it is again getting interrupted in between with the requirement of the same files so I think that I will have to get them first and only then I will be able to install it. I will try to Google it out let’s see if I am able to get them and I am really thankful to you for your help so far.

I have tried to ignore them and then precede the installation but then it is again getting interrupted in between with the requirement of the same files so I think that I will have to get them first and only then I will be able to install it. I will try to Google it out let’s see if I am able to get them and I am really thankful to you for your help so far.

I will suggest you to contact the NeroSupport I mean that even I was having the same kind of problem but not exactly the same. It was that even I was not able to install it because of some error. I don’t remember it by now but I had taken a screen short of it and then I have sent it to the Nero support and then they had helped me the next day. So I think even you can do the same.