Thread: getting error 1158 while installing Nero 11

getting error 1158 while installing Nero 11

I was using Nero 10 in my computer and all the things were working fine. Now recently I have downloaded Nero 11 in my computer and after downloading that in my computer when I tried to install it at that time I gave me error 1158. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: getting error 1158 while installing Nero 11

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your computer and I would like to t tell you that you should first check the Nero 11 installation file which you have downloaded from the internet is not corrupted. I am telling this because many times if the file gets corrupted at that time also we get error during the installation process. If you find the file is corrupted then you have to first remove that file from your computer and after that you have to download the new files again and before you start installing that file you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after deleting the temporary files you have to install the Nero 11 and after installing that you have to check whether same error occurred or not.

As far as I know by trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I think this problem has occurred because you have not uninstalled the old version of the Nero from your computer and that is why I would like to tell you that first make sure that you have removed the old version properly and after that try to install the new version and then your problem will get solved.

After looking at your problem I have downloaded the Nero installation file from the internet again and then I have and after downloading the installation file again in my computer I have install that in my computer and after installing that my problem get solved.

After installing the Nero whenever I in my computer it has one installed one nero gadget which opens every time when I start the computer and also installed Nero toolbar. I have disabled that from the startup but I want to turn off all the Nero application from the startup. What should I do to remove it from start up?

You can remove the Nero application from the startup by unchecking the Nero applications from the start up in system configuration utility and then you have to reboot the computer and then problem will get solved.

If you don’t know how to uncheck the items from the system configuration utility then you need to follow these steps.

• First you have to type the msconfig in the search box of the start menu.
    • After that click on the startup tab.
    • After that you have to uncheck the nero related items from there.
    • Now you have to click on the ok.
    • After clicking on the Ok select the restart option and then it is done.

I have read the solution which you have provided and after that I have open the system configuration utility and I have uncheck all the Nero related items and then I have restart the computer and after that my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.