Thread: Unable to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 due to error

Unable to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 due to error

I don’t know why but I am not able to install Adobe Photoshop CS 5 on the computer of mine. As I am trying to install I am getting an error message which can be stated as follow. ‘Error 00665, Unknown Error' I am not able to figure out why the above mentioned issue is happening. Any specific solution to get the requiremnet of mine will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to install Adobe Photoshop CS5 due to error

Can you tell me which operating system do you installed? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? Is there any changes on the computer? Can you provide the log file of the issue which you are getting? Also tell me if you are aware of any other information which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem.

Looking at the matter I recommned that you shoud try to install the Photoshop into safe mode.
    Well you should restart the computer of yours and press F8 from the keyboard.
    Now you should simply Safe mode from the advanced boot by using arrow key and press enter.
    Once the computer is booted into safe mode you should try to install the software on the system of yours.

I recommned that you should try to install the software as administrator of the computer. You should locate the exe file of the software. Now you should right click on the same and click on the run as administrator. Now see whether you are able to install the software on the computer of yours.

Is there any antivirus program install on the computer? If so than I recommend that you should disable the antivirus program or security software which you have installed on the computer. Now you should try to install Photoshop on the computer. Once the process is completed you should simply enable the antivirus program on the computer of yours. if you are having any query than feel free to ask about the same over here i will try my level best to help you out.

Well I think you need to update the windows which you have installed. You can get the updates from the official website of the Microsoft.

I am highly suspecting that the entire thing is happening because of the bug issue. So you should contact the developer of the Photoshop and file a bug report to them. The developer of the software will figure out the bug and fix the same. Once they have fixed the bug they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.