Thread: Open picture dialogue box unable to recognize iPhoto in Mac OS X Lion

Open picture dialogue box unable to recognize iPhoto in Mac OS X Lion

With Time Machine. IPhoto 11 now observe all of my old library and photos, new etc, nevertheless any other application, such as the browser, only States"Open iPhoto to view photos from your iPhoto library in the list “panel in the Open dialog box where the pictures normally appear. How did iPhoto observe all my photos, but no other applications can see?

I tried to just open iPhoto to see if the photos show, and they do not. All other files in my browser fine job of media files can be opened iMovie and uploaded by my browser and share iTunes files well. But iPhoto 11 not seem to work with other applications.

Re: Open picture dialogue box unable to recognize iPhoto in Mac OS X Lion

When I had a comparable trouble, iPhoto not showing in the Media Browser, it helped to refuse the iPhoto Preference file

Code:
    From the main Finder menu: Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder   or Shift-cmd-G and enter the path to the Library:   /Library   or /Users/your short user name/Library

if it is running, move the file com.apple.iPhoto.plist on the desktop, log off, then come back, restart iPhoto, and see if it will become the Media Browser.

The removal of preferences that did nothing solve the problem, I tried rebuilding with the Thumbnails. That I have classes three times now and each 'time after about 1.5 hours and 90% of the way through the process (and the computer doing nothing else) I get the rainbow ball and Application Not Responding. Twice I have chosen not just give it more time, But 4 hours the first time and 10 hours the second time convinces me That something else is broken.

So, if we are rebuilding Thumbnails freezes up iPhoto 11, what steps I need to take it a resolve t.I hope That Solves the problem of the original Media Browser not recognizing my photos.