Thread: Some question regarding Restoring with Titanium Backup

Some question regarding Restoring with Titanium Backup

I was willing to try new ROMs in order to do a full wipes as well as the EXT wipes and I have downloaded Titanium Backup to store the apps that I use, now I just want to know the exact use of the program in order to restore the apps and I have some questions about it as well.
    If Titanium Backup will save the apps to the sd card and after that if I will do an EXT wipe then will all the saved data will get erased or not??
    I also wanted to know that how does it restore??

Re: Some question regarding Restoring with Titanium Backup

I was willing to try new ROMs in order to do a full wipes as well as the EXT wipes and I have downloaded Titanium Backup to store the apps that I use, now I just want to know the exact use of the program in order to restore the apps and I have some questions about it as well.
    If Titanium Backup will save the apps to the sd card and after that if I will do an EXT wipe then will all the saved data will get erased or not??
    I also wanted to know that how does it restore??
    I will like to inform you that Titanium backup will back up your system settings and the apps that you want without any issues and after that when you will wipe your Ext2/3/4 partition it will clear out the data but then it won’t erase the fat 32 partition, you all apps and other stuffs will be saved at the fat 32 partition so you won’t lose them until you delete the fat 32 partition itself, so I think that you won’t have to worry about the same, if you still have a doubt then you can take a back up of it on a external hdd as well, as far as the process is concerned just install the Titanium and then launch it and after that hit the menu option and then the batch, after this you will get a list of options so as to restore, I will suggest you to better use the paid version of the Titanium backup rather than using the free version of it. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the same I will try out in the way you have suggested and I have got the paid version of it, I just wanted to know that what you meant that “it saves system settings”, I mean that if I am having 30 ringtones set to specific contacts and after that when I will perform the wipe/flash using the titanium backup then the ringtones will get set as per the contacts automatically?? Did you mean that??
    I am confused because I have used the mybackup pro previously and I had just wasted my time with it and I don’t want to do the same with the Titanium backup.

I have used the same and I have also used it recently as well and I have not faced any problem with the same, like you said that you have faced with the mybackup pro, I have not used the mybackup pro so I don’t have much idea about the issues that people have faced but then I will just suggest you to try out the titanium backup without such doubts and if at all if you have any problem then just let me know I will help you out with the same as well. Best of luck.

Even I need some help with Titanium backup, actually I have used it and I had backup of a lot of apps from my Galaxy S before flashing it but now when I am trying to restore then I am getting a window saying restoring and so and then it suddenly disappears, Later when I try the same process for other app then it says that the process is already running and then I have to use Autokiller to kill the process. I did not have any problem in installing the app but then I don’t know what is actually wrong with it, any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Even I need some help with Titanium backup, actually I have used it and I had backup of a lot of apps from my Galaxy S before flashing it but now when I am trying to restore then I am getting a window saying restoring and so and then it suddenly disappears, Later when I try the same process for other app then it says that the process is already running and then I have to use Autokiller to kill the process. I did not have any problem in installing the app but then I don’t know what is actually wrong with it, any help regarding this will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to better try out the latest version of the Titanium, I have found that the latest version of it is having an alternative restore mode and you just have to enable the same in order to get it going for the galaxy s, just try it out and then let me know if the issue is solved or not.

I am having a different case with the Titanium backup actually even I have installed it for backup of "all user apps and the system data on my Galaxy S, When I was going through the list then I found the bloatware ATT apps, so after uninstalling it I did a restore and everything was working fine without any problem, Later when I did the same for the other ATT apps which I was willing to uninstall then even they were uninstalled properly but then when I went for doing a restore then I was not getting any option to no to restore it, I was just having the option of deleting it, I don’t think that I have missed out any steps so far and I have done everything accordingly and I really don’t have any idea about what is going wrong?? Is there who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Just to check I have also tried to uninstall and then reinstall the Titanium backup as well but then it is really not making any difference and I am getting the same response from it, I really want to get it work somehow, please help!!