Thread: How to include Virtual Desktop Access Windows license

How to include Virtual Desktop Access Windows license

I know that if you use a thin client to access a Windows (Vista VM) is required VDA (100 $ Year) of the license. But VDA license include operating system Windows 7 that we have installed in the Vista environment for use with the thin client?

What is the accurate way to this license?

• VDA + thin client Windows OS
    • VDA thin client (the Windows operating system included)
    • Thin client Windows operating system with Software Assurance?

Re: How to include Virtual Desktop Access Windows license

My opinion is that you pay the fee (or has a client who is covered by the SA to get "free") and are authorized for up to 4 cases per end cover. I do not imagine VDA is more than a distinctive Windows license. That said, I am a technical person, not a lawyer \ expert licenses.

My estimation is that if you have SA not have to pay money for a further license to way in Windows in a VDI environment for the cause that the rights are incorporated.

SA customers will not have to buy a license VDA, secondary device per year and non-corporate network devices such as PCs.The old plan was VECD $ 150 per team per year, and not allow you to share licenses or roam.

Includes Software Assurance (SA) reimbursement, such as call 24x7 support, training vouchers, right of entry to the Enterprise of Windows, etc.

1. Eligibility for other products of Software Assurance, and MDOP and Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs
    2. A single license of Windows VDA allows simultaneous access of up to four virtual machines
    3. The rights of the employee to another device after 90 days, or in case of failure of the endpoint
    4. Dynamic Desktop Licensing enabled through KMS / MAK activation
    5. Backup unlimited VMs running and stored

Does anybody know what we have to make use of license for the Master of our installation of XP. And the installation media? VL? OEM? MSDN?

This is a real big trouble, not sure how license a virtual machine environment. Make 6 calls to MS and get 12 different answers. I am struggling every day with him again.

Take a SA and the license for each user on your own. Keep a lot of load on the back, because Microsoft will come later and takes more money from you. Otherwise, go to the dealer bet with his MS, and you can be free of any charge.

I do not imagine we had a clear answer to the question; at least I'm still confused.

I have a hardware thin client so I have to buy a license VDA $ 100 / year to entrée my Windows 7 guest .I have to diminutive. On the other hand, I also have the Windows 7 license or guest operating system that covers the VDA?

I have been trying to acquire the respond to this query for several days. MS license resellers have said the reply is NO - VDA does not comprise the Underlying OS license. VDA is more like a CAL. It is merely an access license. Yet question in my mind still linger with let’s attempt rephrasing the query in a series of questions:

Can I make use of a VDA license to make active a Windows 7 virtual machine? I consider the reply is NO.

A VDA license is invented that provide Access to MAK / KMS keys for activating Windows 7 These Keys be capable to Be Used to activate Windows 7 on the other hand, does "access to" mean you acquire a MAK \ KMS key for each VDA license you own, or does it merely mean you Have the Right to purchase MAK \ KMS keys I suppose "access it" simply gives you the right not reimburse more money to Microsoft's disburse for the OS you plan to run in the virtual machines. Feel free to Argue with me on this Conclusion. I WOULD feel affection for it here from someone living in reality Who is this state of affairs .

underneath Microsoft licensing you must have a different OS license for the Windows XP sp3 computer (be it OEM, FPP, Volume, SA).You be obliged to also have a different OS license for the Windows 7 virtual desktop.

for this reason you have acquire to have a different Windows 7 OS license (MAK\KMS).It be capable to be quarrel that while VDA gives you " entry to" MAK\KMS licenses, it does not in point of information offer you the licenses, it just gives you the right to purchase the licenses.

“Extended application to unite to that virtual environment on your Linux desktop such as VMware View otherwise Microsoft VDI the VDA licenses is all you would necessitate for that scenario."

This means you do not demand having control of the Windows OS different from the VDA license. The VDA license offers you the Windows OS license to run in a VDI environment.

We have not actually purchased the licenses; however our Microsoft license guru has reassured us in no uncertain terms, that YES, you get the Win 7 OS with each VDA license. This is the OS that you install on the virtual machine. You then attach to the virtual machine with any separately licensed OS or zero client you want.