Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-10-2011

question Windows SBS 2008 SP2 update problems.

I'm having issues with some updates on my SBS 2008 server. The updates work fine for the critical, security, definition, and service pack updates. But when an update is labeled from microsoft as important and not critical I'm having problems getting it installed automatically from the server.

I went into Update Services and approved the additional updates I need to be installed but they are still not updating on the workstations, it has been aout 5 days since I approved the updates in Update Services and i've got the server configured to update the workstations daily. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Old 25-10-2011

Re: Windows SBS 2008 SP2 update problems.

Have you tried repairing Windows Server Update Services? Follow the below steps to solve your issue:
  1. Verify that the following services are running. If any of them are not running, restart them. For instructions about how to verify whether a service is running and to restart it, see the procedure titled “To verify that a service is running” later in this document.
    • Update Services
    • Windows Internal Database (Microsoft##SSEE)
    • World Wide Web Publishing Service
  2. Determine whether you have Internet connectivity: In the Windows SBS Console, click Network, click Connectivity, and then verify that the Internet Connection status is Connected. If it is not connected, click Fix my network, and then complete the wizard.
  3. Reinstall and reconfigure Windows Server Updates Services (WSUS). For instructions about how to do this, see the procedure titled “To manually recover Windows Server Update Services” later in this topic here.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,