Thread: Getting Error Apple ID Certificate Invalid in Mac OS X Lion’s AirDrop

Getting Error Apple ID Certificate Invalid in Mac OS X Lion’s AirDrop

I acquire the following mistake memo when trying to make use of Airdrop. The Apple ID certificate for “Richard Fosse” is unacceptable. The transfer has been irrecoverable. Both machines iMac and Air has the same ID?

Re: Getting Error Apple ID Certificate Invalid in Mac OS X Lion’s AirDrop

Yes, same trouble for me too. Have had it functioning, nevertheless stopped for no obvious cause, although i had just updated Lion on both Macs to take benefit of the icloud functionality. Friend of mine has suggested relaunching Finder on both machines and even a simple windows style re-boot, but neither worked for me. Really annoying as i use one Mac at home and the other for work, needing to transfer files between the two.

Thought icloud may be the savior in the small term until this difficulty is fixed, nevertheless forcing you to go away through an iOS device when exchanging documents is extreme, particularly docs of significant size, as it takes an iOS device like ipad, an age to process. Why on earth you can't use icloud for docs in a Mac to Mac scenario is beyond me. If Apple saw an opportunity to shift even more i OS devices or iOS software (Pages, Numbers etc) by forcing an iOS device into the equation, then that strikes me as profiteering and short-sighted. I'd have guessed as much of most organizations, but I’m disappointed if Apple feel the need for this, given their revenue and unit sales growth.

Is the identical for me, 2 Lions: iMac and Macbook Air.- two dissimilar users logged on the machines : nevertheless the same avatar displayed on the Airdrop windows on the two machines.

• - When I attempt to transmit one file form iMac to Air the system replays: Airdrop certificate.
    • - When I attempt to relocate one file from Air to iMac it replays: Transfer refused.
    • - No popup panels was displayed in order to ask verification for the transmission

Macbook -> IMAC - When in Macbook pro I attempt to upload a file in air drop it says that Imac declined the transfer. (But I perceptibly I didn't decline nothing. It doesn't ever come into view a confirmation box anymore).

In other posts they said, force quit and prelaunch finder will make it work. But NOT for me. Keeps declining the request. When now I want transfer the IMAC -> Macbook it says the same certificate linked note. And yes. I make use of the similar apple ID on both machines. (Because of the Icloud)

I got the same trouble shooting! That’s really painful and tiring because it worked fine until the last update 10.7.2 with icloud guess all is due to an authentication problem on several machines with the same Apple ID and the certificate.

1. Go to System Preferences>System>Users & Groups
    2. Press "alter" next to the Apple ID
    3. Enter your password
    4. Press"-" to remove your apple ID
    5. Press "Done"
    6. Press "Set" next to the Apple ID
    7. Enter you Apple ID and Password and press "OK"
    8. Remain waited a small number of seconds and then you'll observe the Apple ID on the User & Groups page.

I have tried all these option. I have even been capable to transfer one time. Although never again. The PC do demonstrate up in the airdrop window. Nevertheless when you commence transfer, I acquire the invalid apple id certificate mistake. The merely "attractive" thing I can speak is that I have two Macs nevertheless one apple id.

As far as I know, an Apple ID has nothing to do with it. The two PC communicate with each other and Airdrop creates its individual ad hoc network. So, if yours has only worked once and if you are beneath guarantee, take benefit of it - I'd propose a call to Apple or making an scheduled time at your nearest Genius bar.

Shut both computers down and then restart. Simply closing Finder doesn't appear to accurate this, even though I did not examine this systematically.

Transfer the file as before. HOWEVER, you will have to repeat this complete process every time, including restarting each computer. This actually stinks with any luck Apple will push out a fix today. I plan on visiting an Apple Store today and will request about this matter. Even though, I'm positive they will know much or be able to get the information up the chain.

Works without shutting down, restarting, or opening two Finder windows. Not sure why you need two windows on one machine? save of course you require to go locate the file you want to send - in my case I just put aside it to the desktop and then file it absent later.

That's great! Now it works on my Mac both! Thank you so much! So to fix this trouble, only needs to re-set the iTunes ID on the machines!