Thread: ALL Browsers Have Stopped Working

blush ALL Browsers Have Stopped Working

Here's one for you genius Techies,

I currently have IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome installed on my PC with Windows Vista. Last Saturday after booting up my computer I started having trouble opening ANY browser. The night before everything worked fine. Now when I double-click the icons from my Desktop for IE, Firefox, or Chrome; I am met with an error message that says "Internet Explorer has Stopped Working- windows is searching for a solution to the problem...yada yada yada".

It seems that the only way I can open Internet Explorer (seems to be my default browser) is by going through Start>Computer> and then I type in the web address I wish to go to in the address bar, only to have a new window of IE pop-up and take me to the website I want to go to. It's a bit frustrating!

What I've Tried:
    1) I've got Norton Interent Security with the most recent updates. It hasn't found anything. Also, I've downloaded Malwarebytes Antimalware and Spybot Search and Destroy which have found a few viruses and trojans and deleted them. A recent scan found nothing more.

2) I've reset my settings back to factory settings via the Internet Options window as well and still the problem persists.

3)I've uninstalled Firefox to see if that would fix the problem but obviously that didn't work either.

ANY IDEAS? Any help ANY of YOU can provide would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Re: ALL Browsers Have Stopped Working

Can you try to run Command Prompt (cmd.exe) as a administrator and insert:

netsh winsock reset +restart

If no help you again run cmd.exe with administrative previliges and insert:

netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt +restart

Hello some day before I was facing the same issue with windows Xp then I make some changes in regedit file. You have to go to the start maneu and from there click on run and type regedit and after that you will get the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Micr¬ osoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explo¬ rer\BrowserHelper Objects. Once you get this then you will get the few keys which you will appear with the number and alphabets. So you have to delete all of them. I am not sure it will work for vista or not but at least you can try this.

blush Re: ALL Browsers Have Stopped Working

@ Expertz: I just tried what you said and it didn't seem to help. Here's the message the Command program gave me when I tried both codes you provided:

The following helper DLL cannot be loaded: WSHELPER.DLL.
    The following helper DLL cannot be loaded:IFMON.DLL.
    The following command was not found: winsock reset +restart.

also

The following command was not found: int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt +restart.

ANY IDEAS???

@ DamarisK: I just tried what you mentioned and restarted my computer. The problem still persists.

I forgot to mention in my previous request for help that I am also receiving the following message after my browser automatically closes...

"INTERNET EXPLORER HAS CLOSED
    To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has closed internet explorer. Click to learn more."

I click on that and proceed to turn off DEP for IE but still the problem persists. At what point should I get a MAC? LOL j/k But seriously, any other ideas????

The following command was not found: winsock reset +restart.
    Hello as per log which you provide according to that you have some corrupted files and components present on your system and because of that this error is occurring. So first you have to repair these files for that you have to click on start menu and then go into run and there you have to type Services.msc and after that you have to double click on Network Connections entry. And you have to set its startup type to manual. Can then you have to click on start to run this service. And then double click on windows management instrumentation and from there set automatic for the startup type. And again click on a start to start service. subsequent to initiating the two dependant services, attempt to initiate the Windows Firewall service.

please go with the following link and see if its helpful for you or not.

All browsers stopped working

and about error which you have mentioned so that error is most of the time arrive because of corrupt installation of internet explorer. i think this will clear your doubts. so i think first you have to repair all the corrupted file which are present on your system and try it again.