Thread: Unable to install AutoCAD 2012 (64 bit) on windows 8

Unable to install AutoCAD 2012 (64 bit) on windows 8

I downloaded and attempted to install AutoCAD 2012 (64 bit) today. But after running the install program it gives description that installation had unsuccessful. I try to install this application on Windows 8 development preview. Can anybody try this issue? If yes, then please share your own experience related to this concept. Thanks for anything that help me to fix this problem.

Re: Unable to install AutoCAD 2012 (64 bit) on windows 8

You need to first check that the downloaded file you use is to be compatible with the currently running system or not. If it is not compatible then you need to find out the AutoCAD software that works to fix this issue. You can get the correct installation setup files on the official site of the AutoCAD. Then get these supported files and try to install the software on your system. I think this will be work to fix your complicated issue.

Even if you’ve personalized setup.ini as I recommended, you tick “Install” from AutoCAD 2012 setup Window. It very resembles that the AutoCAD 2012 just crash after trying to validate windows 8 system. In that case, you need to perform the installation of AutoCAD 2012. This process will be necessary to fix such kind of complicated issues. Hence try to do this task for solving your complicated troubles.

You need to notice the error that you get half-way thru the installation. This error of the system will be giving you the indication that the actual problem is in the specific region of the installation process. Hence you need to retry the same installation process and then check the troubles arrive on what purpose. As per the details mentioned on the error message apply respective process onto it. This will be fixing your problem.

The VBScript engine is not correctly registered on the affected machine and hence this type of installation error arrives on your system. For solving this problem you need to follow the below step by step process.
    • First run the command prompt as administrator.
    • Then put cd %windir%\syswow64 command into the Command Prompt and press ENTER.
    • Next is to be type regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press ENTER.

This process helps to successfully registering the regsvr32 vbscript DLL onto it. After finishing this process, you need to try again the installation process. This will be fixing your installation problem.

If you had McAfee Antivirus in the past please remove it completely. This is necessary to fix the installation problem. Antivirus may be one of the reason why the installation becomes stop at the middle of the process.

You can also try to disable this installed antivirus onto it. I personally experience about this concept. I faced the similar type of problem and that time I haven’t able to fix this problem. Then I read few articles about this issue. The articles suggest me to do the antivirus disabling task. Hence I try this and it will be helpful to me for fixing such type of complicated problem onto it.

The bottom line is that you’ve make sure that you have working hardware and proper device drivers being installed. If not then you need to do this task first. After that the setup file you use for this installation purpose is being properly works or not. You can found it on the official site of the AutoCAD. Then try to do this searching and see what happen with this setup. I hope that this will be fix your installation problem.

The Autodesk debate groups have a section specifically for installation question you may get better results there. Hence I suggest to you for use that section and find out proper way that fix your installation problem. Try this and see what result arrives on your system.