Thread: Local Security Authority Process is using more RAM and CPU memory.

Local Security Authority Process is using more RAM and CPU memory.

Hey friends, I can see that in my windows task manager the Local Security Authority Process is using the memory and CPU as following:
    • CPU usage 35.6%
    • RAM usage 93%

In addition, after seeing this I can say that this is not the normal behavior. Am I saying right? And this changes I can see after the using the WinDP for half an hour, and this behavior doesn’t stop till I reboot the system. Some times I can see that usages of the RAM in this system reaches at the 1G and at that time I can’t work on this machine. Any help from here.

Re: Local Security Authority Process is using more RAM and CPU memory.

Ok, I get that what is the problem related with this issue. So getting resolved that I can say you to install the ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit) and I am sure that this will really help in your cause to resolve your problem. After installing this I will say you to run WPRUI and start the trace, this will help to find the related problem and after this if that issue occurs again then at that time save the trace and upload it. Try with this and hope that this will work in your cause. I am suggesting you to download the ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit), because I was also having the similar problem and for resolving that problem someone has suggested me about this toolkit, this really helps me in my cause. Reply me back if it does not worked in your cause.

Thanks for suggesting me download the ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit). I tried to download this one, but there I get the problem over there and that was, this is only fort the MSDN subscribers. So can you please tell me that from where can I down load this ADK (Windows Performance Toolkit)?

Yes, I know that this is only for the MSDN subscribers. So, If you are not the MSDN subscribers then try to install the WPT from Windows 7 and after the installation run this command from a CMD with admin rights which is given as:
    xperf -on latency+MEMINFO+CONTMEMGEN -stackwalk profile+ContiguousMemoryGeneration -MaxFile 1024 -FileMode Circular && timeout -1 && xperf -d latency.etl
    and after this, when you get your problem at that time stop the trace and compress the latency.etl and upload it. I am sure that this will really help in your cause.

Fine, I launched the xperf and after this, I can see that there is nothing was done with the system. This Is not using any programs except the Task Manager. And after doing this all things, after approximate 10 minutes I see that resources began to grow up. When I see that, at that time I stopped tracing when RAM for this process reached 30MB but still after this, I can see that process is still growing up. Moreover, at the last time when I see that it was more than 600MB of RAM. What you will say now?

I am not using the trace for doing this all things, and I am only seeing the strange characters in xperfview. If you are still getign the problem related with this at that time I can say to you to install the Windows Performance Toolkit. And for donloading this you will need to search the en_windows_developer_preview_adk_x86_x64_734756.zip. and installing this you will need to WPRUI.exe, select the lsass.exe from the dropdown list. After this elect under more details CPU, heap and VAlloc. And after this I will say you to run the CPU until you will get the high CPU or RAM usage over here. When you will get this things at that time you will need to run the trace for the next two minutes and then stop the trace. And after finishing this, Zip all the output files and upload them. Hope that this will help you.

After looking on your thread, I can say her that this looks like the Anti Malware in your system. And this also can cause the LSASS to consume CPU and memory. I am saying this because, Anti Malware is also known as the hog memory and CPU resources, but here I am not sure in this cause because this on e is eating the 100s of MBs of memory. And if I am sure that this is a anti malware then, to resolve this you can also turn off the Anti Malware software to see the changes in your system.

Hey friends, here I am also facing the same experience with the WDM. For resolving that I have also searched on the so many of the forums and from no here I get the suggestion about this. But here I see the thread and for that reason I posted over here. So here, can anyone please suggest me that how can I trace the leak, and I am MSDN subscriber.

I am very sure here that in my system I am not having any type of the Anty-malware software. But still I am facing this problem. Here my cause looks like that it will not cause so any problem with the performance of the system, but I am asking to resolve this problem because of when this problem occurs at that time my system stops working and if it works then it will very slow at that time. After searching on the so many of the suggestion for this problem I can say that there is no other suggestion in this cause and replacement only can help me in this case.