Thread: Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

I do not desire my desktop mail client around my Gmail server. I use to download and archive email my Gmail account. At the present abruptly I'm forced make use of IMAP? So each time I open mail straight away downloads the messages marked "read" which of course is reflected in my Gmail account.

Also, if I can remove Mail which is eliminated in my Gmail account .once more, not what I want. I do not desire a single action that occurs in the mail that is reflected in my Gmail account and now all mail events are reflected in Gmail. It is not good.

Why I cannot access my Gmail account via POP for the server everything left alone and 100% of email that you just save my e-mails as before? I hope someone can help me with this? I tried to change the incoming mail server pop.gmail. Com and port 995 as shown in Gmail.

Re: Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

Pop mail support. You require setting in the preferences not to remove mail from server when you delete on the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
    Pop mail support. You require setting in the preferences not to remove mail from server when you delete on the mail.
    Well, that's just ridiculous in my opinion there is no reason why you can see that is compatible with POP.I guess that's the end of me using then mail, Thunderbird here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooghavanth View Post
    Why I cannot access my Gmail account via POP for the server everything left alone and 100% of email that you just save my e-mails as before? I hope someone can help me with this? I tried to change the incoming mail server pop.gmail. Com and port 995 as shown in Gmail.
    IMAP does not need to do any of these if you set the Prefs correctly. Search in Mail> Preferences> Accounts> Mailbox Behavior and> Preferences> Accounts> Advanced.

Could not access POP mail to work .Downloaded Thunderbird, less than 3 minutes I had my pop account working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    Could not access POP mail to work .Downloaded Thunderbird, less than 3 minutes I had my pop account working fine.
    Not actually. when I open the mail that begins "Welcome to Mail" screen, and from there the only option is IMAP as far as I can tell.
    I will not dig into the program to locate an "avoid" the solution when other POP mail clients happy to support from the start.