Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

Windows Software

Old 16-10-2011

Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

I do not desire my desktop mail client around my Gmail server. I use to download and archive email my Gmail account. At the present abruptly I'm forced make use of IMAP? So each time I open mail straight away downloads the messages marked "read" which of course is reflected in my Gmail account.

Also, if I can remove Mail which is eliminated in my Gmail account .once more, not what I want. I do not desire a single action that occurs in the mail that is reflected in my Gmail account and now all mail events are reflected in Gmail. It is not good.

Why I cannot access my Gmail account via POP for the server everything left alone and 100% of email that you just save my e-mails as before? I hope someone can help me with this? I tried to change the incoming mail server pop.gmail. Com and port 995 as shown in Gmail.

Old 16-10-2011

Re: Mail 5.1 does not support pop in Mac OS X lion

Pop mail support. You require setting in the preferences not to remove mail from server when you delete on the mail.
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniela View Post
Pop mail support. You require setting in the preferences not to remove mail from server when you delete on the mail.
Well, that's just ridiculous in my opinion there is no reason why you can see that is compatible with POP.I guess that's the end of me using then mail, Thunderbird here I come.
Old 16-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooghavanth View Post
Why I cannot access my Gmail account via POP for the server everything left alone and 100% of email that you just save my e-mails as before? I hope someone can help me with this? I tried to change the incoming mail server pop.gmail. Com and port 995 as shown in Gmail.
IMAP does not need to do any of these if you set the Prefs correctly. Search in Mail> Preferences> Accounts> Mailbox Behavior and> Preferences> Accounts> Advanced.
Old 16-10-2011

Could not access POP mail to work .Downloaded Thunderbird, less than 3 minutes I had my pop account working fine.
Old 17-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
Could not access POP mail to work .Downloaded Thunderbird, less than 3 minutes I had my pop account working fine.
Not actually. when I open the mail that begins "Welcome to Mail" screen, and from there the only option is IMAP as far as I can tell.
I will not dig into the program to locate an "avoid" the solution when other POP mail clients happy to support from the start.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,