Thread: I am unable to find any way to fix error 3194 when I try to restore the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW Firmware

I am unable to find any way to fix error 3194 when I try to restore the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW Firmware

I am trying my friend to restore iOS 4.3.3 IPSW Firmware over unlocked iPhone 3GS. First we were trying to update the new one. But there was some issue so I thought it is better to restore the old one. But when we are trying to the same through iTunes we are facing error. I also tried to re-install the new one once again but still getting fix error 3194. What should I do to fix this problem.

If you are doing this on Windows then you just have to add 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com in windows host file to resolve the issue. You can do the same thing on Mac also. The host files is located in C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/. While in Mac this file is located in /etc/. Go in that and open the file in text editor like Notepad and add this 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com at the end. That's it. Restart your pc once and launch iTunes. Try back to update iPhone and see whether it is working or not.

You can try to do the same using TinyUmbrella. This is the best way to downgrade ios firmware. It is a non-official way but it is quiet good for restoring a old firmware. I had did this long before when one of my friends iPhone was bricked. To use this you will need the old iOS firmware. Just install TinyUmbrella after that. In that click on Start TSS Server. You have to load iPhone in DFU and then hit shift + restore. The process will begin.

Re: I am unable to find any way to fix error 3194 when I try to restore the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW Firmware

I solve the problem of the error 3194 to restore my iphone 4 all you have to do is delte Cydia’s SHSH server and delete 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com from host file and after that ,delete all the apple software like itunes,apple software update, bonjour,apple mobile device support,etc. unplug you device and restore you system and install itunes from apple.com and that should solve the problem. i hope it help.

Re: I am unable to find any way to fix error 3194 when I try to restore the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW Firmware

It happens when endeavoring to install an old firmware and Apple’s server disallows the installation. The merely explanation is to have encompassed SHSH backup and transform the hosts file to position to Saurik’s Cydia Server where they are backed up. My query is this; why “from time to time” does the apple server disallow the installation. Might this not happen 100% of the time. Several ways to be familiar with if I determine to have this predicament previous to heading into this. I have encompassed iPhone 3gs. I updated my iphone to ios 4.3.4 and then jailbreak it utilizing ios 4.3.3. At present my iphone is stuck in recovery loop. I do not have comprised the SHSH saved. When I am attempting to restore my iphone to 4.3.4 OR 4.3.3, I am receiving 3194 error. I tried mutually tinyumbrella and hostfile method it by no means not worked for me.