Thread: Need helps regarding .NFO Genre

Need helps regarding .NFO Genre

I have got a boxee box and I am using a generator in order to make my .nfo for all the movies and now I have started noticing that the Movies with multiple Genres are not appearing when I am selecting the view by Genre option. It was working well previously when I was allowing the boxee to scrape the movies. I don’t know what is wrong with it now. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and have an idea about solving it out. Any suggestion will be appreciated

Re: Need helps regarding .NFO Genre

You can try to manually edit the .nfo files in the following way to check if it helps:
    <genre>Animation</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Family</genre>
    <genre>Fantasy</genre>
    <genre>Music</genre>
    Or <genre>Animation / Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Music</genre>
    Just check it out and let me know if it helps or not. If this helps then well and good but if not then I will suggest you some other solution to solve your problem.

You can try out the “Ember Media Manager”. What all you have to do is skip the installation assistant tool which you will find on the main Ember Media Manager web site and then visit the Ember Media Manager download directory at SourceForge and then grab the appropriate the latest version and then extract the content and then store it and then open the directory and run it.You will get a prompt for the location of your movie files and then enter its path and then check the “Only Detect One One Movie From Each Folder” and the “Use Folder Name for Initial Listing and after you set this then the source EMM will prompt you with another box. Now just check the folder.jpg, movie.tbn, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg, <movie>-fanart.jpg, and <movie>.nfo. After setting it up you will have to repeat the process for TV shows. You can skip if you don’t have tv shows so skip this and check the folder.jgp, fanart.jpg, season-all.tbn, <ep>.tbn, and then in the seasons section seasonXX.tbn, folder.jpg, and fanart.jpg. And when you finish selecting it click on finish and then launch the Ember Media Manager

I don’t think that we have a need to install and run the “Ember Media Manager”. As the <genre>Animation / Family / Fantasy / Musical</genre> has really worked for me as I was having the same problem but after following this I have solved it out .If this does not work for you then you can also try it with commas (<genre>Animation, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Music</genre>) .Just check out if you are not able to solve your problem with the first one. If it does not helps then let me know so I can suggest you some other solution to solve it out. Best of luck.

You can very well try to change some .nfo files in order to use the "," but then if that does not help then you can also try to delete the old .nfo file and re-scraped them with Ember Media Manager and then you can also try to clear the cache and then reboot it and check if it is making any improvement or not. I have found this solution to be working well though not working perfectly to .Just check it out and see what’s in your case .I have found a lot of people claiming that they have solved their problem by using the comma so I think that it will help you as well.

If you are using a Linux then the following solution will definitely help you out:
    rpl -x'.nfo' -R " / " "," '/media/RAID/Boxee/Movies (HD)/'*
    make sure that you create a backup or you can simply add a –b to it which will automatically create a backup.For the tv shows you can follow the below solution:
    rpl -x'tvshow.nfo' -R " / " "," '/media/RAID/Boxee/TV Shows (HD)/'*
    Hope that helps.

If the boxee is not able to scrape or find the movies then you can just add the following:
    <movie>
    <id>tt0985699</id>
    </movie
    And if you are using the local folder.jpgs .It will appear like the following:
    <movie>
    <id>tt0478087</id>
    <thumb>\folder.jpg</thumb>
    </movie>

In order to scrap your media collection with the Ember Media Manager. What you have to so is just select a movie and then right click on it and then select the (Re)Scrape Movie and then select the match and then click OK and after you select it. It will locally cache the movie in the /extrathumbs/ category for the future use and then click on ok in the corner and then. After you scrap the movie you wanted just right click on it and then select Lock and then click on the Scrape Media on the menu bar and then select the media you want to scrape .Hope that helps.