Thread: Built in webcam missing in device manager

Built in webcam missing in device manager

I am recently bought a new HP desktop pc that came with Windows XP preinstalled on it. Everything is working great but there is a little problem with the built-in webcam. Last night when I was working on my computer then i found that the webcam is not working. I went to device manager and saw that it was missing some driver? Now can anyone tell me how do I get this webcam to work? Thanks

Re: Built in webcam missing in device manager

Can you tell us what is the model of the HP laptop you are using? You might have got a CD/DVD along with your desktop pc that contains all the drivers for the components. Just insert it in your CD/DVD drive and then choose to install the webcam driver in your pc. If you dont have this CD/DVD then you can try to go to the official HP website and then download and install the latest version of the webcam driver for your HP desktop pc.

Re: Built in webcam missing in device manager

You can even reinstall the latest driver for your webcam by going into the device manager. First click on start and then go to Run and type devmgmt.msc. Device Manager will open and here you need to find your webcam and then click on the Update tab inorder to install the latest driver available for the webcam. Once the drivers are installed then reboot your pc and start using the webcam.

Can you try to install Cyberlink YouCam and see if that solves the webcam issue. Follow the below steps:
    1. Close all other software that you have open, especially software that uses webcam, such as Windows Live Messenger and Skype.
    2. Connect to the Internet if you are not already connected.
    3. Download and install Cyberlink YouCam Software (sp56980) from HP's support web site here
    4. Follow the onscreen setup instructions to complete the installation.