Thread: Need windows 7 compatible drivers for HP ScanJet 5370c

Need windows 7 compatible drivers for HP ScanJet 5370c

I was using HP ScanJet 5370c scanner with my office computer in which I was using windows XP operating system and it was working fine. now problem is I have bought new laptop and I have windows 7 operating system installed in my laptop and I can want install the scanner drivers in my laptop.

Please tell me where I can find the drivers for the HP ScanJet 5370c which installs in windows 7?

Re: Need windows 7 compatible drivers for HP ScanJet 5370c

According to me you should first visit the HP official web site and after that you have to check whether windows 7 compatible drivers for the HP ScanJet 5370c scanner are there or not. I think after that your problem will get solved.

I have referred your post and after referring that I have visit the official site of the HP and then i have searched the drivers for my laptop but there is only windows XP drivers listed. Now please tell me where I can get the drivers for the HP ScanJet 5370c which supports in windows 7.

Any help will be appreciated.

I have gone through your problem and I would like to suggest you that you should try to run the drivers which you get with the CD of the scanner but you have to run that in compatibility mode and then try to install in your laptop and after that check whether your problem get solved or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved and you will be able to use your HP ScanJet 5370c scanner with your laptop. Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

to run the drivers installation in compatibility wizard you have to follow this steps. First you have to click on the start menu and then you have to type run programs made for older versions of windows in search box. After that click on it from the results and then you will see the Program compatibility wizard. Now you have to click on the advance button. After clicking on the advance button you have to uncheck button which is next to the "Apply repairs automatically." now after that you have to check whether your required program is listed there or not. if it is not then click on the browse and then select the driver file and then you have to select the operating system. you have to select the windows XP then click on the next then it will get installed.

Try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

Well if you are still having the same issue then you have to email your problem to HP support and they will send you the drivers for windows 7 or they will give you proper solution for this.

well I have run the Program compatibility wizard and after that I have followed the steps which you have mentioned then drivers gets installed successfully in my laptop and now I can use my scanner with my laptop thanks for giving me solution.