Thread: DVD Flick no Audio Problem

DVD Flick no Audio Problem

Hi,
    I had converted some files to DVD by flv and other formats by using DVD Flick. The process showed successful but when I burn the same DVD disc by Nero there is no sound in the disc. I want to play those files on all regular DVD players. Everything works fine except the audio. Then I tried again but some works and some not. It is due DVD Flick that is not converting audio properly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: DVD Flick no Audio Problem

DVD Flick is a all in one converter. It supports multiple formats and conversion. The result given by the tool is proper and creates errors very rarely. First try this play the video and see that the sound and everything is fine. Then check the audio details like bitrate, etc. Now add the file and then select the proper settings like PAL, bitrate, etc. If still the problem persist then that means the software is not proper. Re-install it.

Do not user Nero to burn the file. According to me you are creating a ISO file and then import the same in Nero and burn. Because everytime before burning Nero encodes all the audio and video. Just import the file in DVD Flick and then select to burn disc. Insert a 4.3 GB option insert a blank disc and then burn it. The DVD will play but if you do the same in Nero or any other burning tool then encoding creates conflicts.

Better use VLC player. The best one converter tool to convert any file to any format with better quality. It is a freeware tool and easily available on many sites. So do this download VLC player and then go to File > Stream. Add the file select the proper format and stream it. The result file will example.ps. Rename the file or .dat. Then burn it to a DVD.

My problem is that Flick will not allow me to add an audio track.

I have my movie in WMV format. It plays fine on the computer, sound and all. I used Windows Live Movie maker to edit and convert it.

I add the movie where it says, "add video" and when it says "add audio" and try to pick the movie.... nothing. It says there is no audio content.

I use Easy-CD-DA Extractor to burn the movie.

SO: when I play the on the computer there's sound. But the burned DVD is silent as the grave. ???

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND BY SAYING THE SOFTWARE YOU'RE USING IS BETTER! I'm happy for you but I don't need the ads, just the help.

Hi dangoorevitch,

You have to leave the audio sync to 100%, and it will sync just fine by giving proper sound outputs. You can also try adjusting the below 2 settings

encoder priority, try low and thread count, unless it's already 1

Thanks. Already have it at 100% but I'll look at your other two suggestions later today. BTW: do you know why the image is so small? (about 1/8 what it should be)

It didn't work for .wmv files but did when I converted to .avi but.... the picture is very small. When I recorded it it was fine. ??

Quote Originally Posted by dangoorevitch View Post
    It didn't work for .wmv files but did when I converted to .avi but.... the picture is very small. When I recorded it it was fine. ??
    It all depends on the length of the film & the quality you want on the finished product, in SP a 2hr film would be about 4.25 Gb, in LP it would be about 3.4Gb but quality would not be as good, would be still acceptable for normal viewing though.If you use a good editing programme to convert it Like Ulead videostudio 11 then it will tell you the size for the different quality

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    It all depends on the length of the film & the quality you want on the finished product, in SP a 2hr film would be about 4.25 Gb, in LP it would be about 3.4Gb but quality would not be as good, would be still acceptable for normal viewing though.If you use a good editing programme to convert it Like Ulead videostudio 11 then it will tell you the size for the different quality
    Thanks. I'm using Hamster for conversion and still experimenting to see what it can do. DVD Flick automatically compresses the file to fit onto a DVD. I wish Windows movie maker did so I don't have to run it through two more programs! What a pain!