Thread: Need windows 7 compatible drivers for webcam and microphone for hp compaq presario cq60-214em

Need windows 7 compatible drivers for webcam and microphone for hp compaq presario cq60-214em

I have hp compaq presario cq60-214em laptop in which I was using windows vista operating system and after that I have done clean installation of the windows 7 and after that I have inserted my driver CD in laptop and installed all the drivers in my laptop and after that everything worked fine except microphone and webcam. I think it needs windows 7 drivers please tell me where can I find the windows 7 compatible drivers?

Re: Need windows 7 compatible drivers for webcam and microphone for hp compaq presario cq60-214em

yes you need to install the windows 7 compatible drivers to use webcam and microphone in your laptop and if you want to download it then you have to visit the official site of the HP and after that you have to search your laptop model on that website and after searching that you have to select the download software and drivers option. Now after selecting the software and drivers option you have to select the operating system. In your case you have to select the windows 7 operating system. Now after selecting the operating system you have to select the drivers which you want to download it in your computer and after that you have to install it in your laptop and after installing the drivers you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to check whether all the things are working properly or not.

I hope after installing the drivers your problem will get solved.

Re: Need windows 7 compatible drivers for webcam and microphone for hp compaq presario cq60-214em

If you are not able to find the drivers for your hp compaq presario cq60-214em laptop then you have to click here DOWNLOAD and after that install it in your computer and then problem will get solved.

I have downloaded the drivers from the link which you have given in your post and after that I have installed it in my laptop and then webcam started working properly but microphone is giving me problem. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem is irritating for me.

Anyone facing the same problem and have solution then please help me.

as you have said that you are facing problem with the microphone in your laptop even after installing the drivers in your laptop and that is why I will first suggest you to check whether in your sound setting your laptop MIC device selected as default MIC or not. if it is not selected then select it first and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you don’t know how to check whether MIC selected as default device or not then you have to follow this steps. First you have to click on the start menu in your laptop.
    • After that you have to select the control panel.
    • Now after click on the control panel you have to select the sound setting.
    • After that you have to click on the recording tab.
    • After that you have to check whether your laptop MIC is displayed there or not.
    • If it is there then you have to right click on that and then set as a default device.

According to me this problem is occurring because you have installed the drivers without removing the old drivers and that is why you have to first remove the Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver from your laptop completely and then you have to run Ccleaner in your laptop and then restart the laptop.

Now you have to install the drivers again and then check whether problem gets solved or not.

well same thing happen with me also and after that I have came to know that there is hardware fault in my laptop with MIC and then I have connect he HP support and then they have repaired my laptop and after repairing the laptop all the problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.