Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2011

How to convert .wpl playlists to .m3u easily?

Hi friends, I am having 200 Windows Media Playlists in my new Windows Media Player 11. And now I have decided to convert this al playlist to the MediaMonkey or Amarok, but while doing things I came to know that they only support the .m3u playlists not the default playlist of the of the media files. I don?t know the way that how I can convert the .wpl playlists into .m3u files, for that reason I came here in the hope that anyone will help me in this cause. I am thinking to convert this because I think that making each and every playlist of the media players again for the new MediaMonkey so please suggest me any converter that will help me to do this thing.
Old 05-10-2011

Re: How to convert .wpl playlists to .m3u easily?

I also searching for the same reason but I didn?t get any this type of the converter which help to convert the .wpl playlists into .m3u files. So here I think that if you are also searching for the same and you didn?t get that then you will need to create the playlist manually.
Old 05-10-2011

I am not sure that there any type of the third party converter which helps you to do this thing but I am sure that if you able to convert your WPL playlists into M3U playlists then you can easily import them into iTunes using the File->Import option. And there I am sure that Windows Media Player 9 is able to save the playlists as M3U files. But I am not sure with the Windows Media Player 11. I don?t have any information of this type of the software but here I can say that if you can easily find that type of the software then try with that.
Old 05-10-2011

I have the suggestion for saving the .wpl playlists to .m3u, try with that and hope that this will help in your cause. for that follow the steps as:-
  • First to double-click "Playlists" in the left-hand menu
  • And then pull a playlist into the right-hand Drag items here space
  • and then save the playlist to the .m3u by using the dropdown.
  • And then Name it and choose a destination folder
  • Finish with the saving that.
Old 05-10-2011

Friends thanks for helping me in this cause. I have searched on the net for getting that type of the converter but still I can?t find any converter. So if anyone has this type of the converter using thin please suggest me back for that.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,