Thread: How to change the icon of a .bat file in Windows 7?

How to change the icon of a .bat file in Windows 7?

I have just generated a .bat file. Can I change its icon image to that of any other application like Mozilla? My operating system is Windows 7. Now please guys help me out with this I am really worried with this and I need help please someone.

Re: How to change the icon of a .bat file in Windows 7?

MS-DOS group indexes:. On account of it is basically a words index with a unique expansion, a bat is not archived in a symbol of his own.You However, you are able to make a shortcut symbol arrange that stores an iconThe lnk. showed by the Shell cluster record is dead set by the registry key HKCR \ batfile \ DefaultIcon that my crew is% SystemRoot% \ System32 \ imageres.dll,-68You can put any symbol like.This However, adapting symbols each group indexes or you are able to utilize to EXE Converter hit here and set the symbol record in this project. This group record will transform into an executable record or a bat.>>. com>>. com exe bat powerbatch for utilization.

I believe the reasons why you can't assign icons to .bat files is to prevent people from hiding suspicious code and tricking others into running such a file.
    Since the default folder view of Windows hides known extensions the Icon is the only way to distinguish between e.g. a batch file with some malicious code and a programs executable.

You can download a free program called "Bat To Exe Converter" As you might guess, it converts the batch file into an exe. It allows you to choose an icon for your exe before compiling.It's an awesome little tool.

The easiest way is to move batch file to a different location and make a shortcut to it and change the shortcut's icon.

Actually download FileTypesMan and when it is downloaded run "FileTypesMan" (Run as admin). The project will open up and it looks similar to a Windows Explorer or something comparative. There are a few segments on the front, the upper segment holds every last trace of the Windows record sorts and the easier area indicates parts regarding a chose document sort. In the top segment, parchment down and recognize. Bat, right-click it and select "Edit chose document sort 'Edit File Type window will open up, now identify the Browse bind on the alternate side of the "Default Icon", which is following to "% SystemRoot% \ System32 \ imageres.dll,-68" this will head you to the Windows symbol Directory (Change Icon dialog box) where you would be able to select your symbol. In the event that you have tweaked or particular symbol you need to relegate, click on the "Browse" bind in the "Change Icon" dialog box and spot it, and afterward pick "Open" and "Ok". That is all.

Hey guys thanks a lot this was really a nice help it worked with me, o knew you guys would be doing it for sure thanks a lot once again.