Thread: Does VLC streaming is supported in Apple TV 2

Does VLC streaming is supported in Apple TV 2

VLC is one of the most popular video player available on web. It plays a huge amount of audio and video formats. I want some help here to find the vlc streaming support for AppleTV. I had seen people using the same on media player pc. I want to stream blu ray movies to AppleTV through VLC. VLC is quiet easy to use also and rightnow I am playing some blu ray videos on it. And it works really fine.

There is no direct way of doing that. Because VLC is a third party application and it does not supports any direct streaming. You have to use a app from iTunes for the same. You can find the same in iTunes store. Just try to find whether you can find a application that can link VLC with AppleTV. You can try finding some help articles on the same on the official website.

I think this can be done through Airplay. But I am not really sure about the complete process. Apple by default supports video streaming through Airplay. You can stream the same content on various devices. You have to find the complete settings to receive videos on your device. I had done this through iTunes but I am not really sure about doing the same through any third party video player.

I am not sure about AppleTV. But I am doing this on my iPad through VLC Streamer. This is a free app available on iTunes. You can add this on your device. When you turn it on you can see different shared media in it and you can stream the content as per your need. This app supports Airplay. You just have to hook your media files on the network for sharing and launch this app. Through which you can access all your shared content.