Thread: Error message computer must be connected to the Internet while trying to install blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6

Error message computer must be connected to the Internet while trying to install blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6

Hello friends, as I was trying to set up the BlackBerry Desktop 4.6 on the Computer. When I was trying to synchronization or synchronization settings, I got the message saying “Please ensure that you are able to connect to the Internet and try again”. The computer I am trying to install that is not connected to the Internet. It is likely that some stupid mistake by stating that he was wrong, but some help would be seriously valued. Thanks in advance for the suggestion or for the solution you will provide to me.

re: Error message computer must be connected to the Internet while trying to install blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6

I was having the same problem with Desktop Manager 4.5. I have disabled the McAfee firewall on the laptop. The desktop application was able to access the internet and went as it should have.

re: Error message computer must be connected to the Internet while trying to install blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6

The Desktop Manager needs the Internet to check for updates automatically, and if you have media manager, you must register at the facility, and I think you have to check for updates as well. I worked for about three days with an occasional user, and I cannot find a way to solve this problem. I even brought them up to my desktop manager to see if I could manually check for updates. I and the user have the internet, I'm not sure what is causing the problem, so in your case; it's annoying, but valid, having no Internet.

I want to ask that are you sure that you have disabled all the firewalls on your PC, including sometimes the antivirus also. If not then please do it and get it done for the installing of Desktop Manager.

I Desktop Manager 4.3 work fine. I upgraded to DM4.6 and now cannot sync. My computer (XP) is an Internet connection, but SYNC says no. I can access the Internet from the main screen of DM for updates. I have tried to ensure that the former was completely eliminated DM4.3 uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager 4.6 often turn off my McAfee firewall (Windows Firewall is already off), but then I have searched on the internet and found the instruction to do it and I have got it fixed by those instruction. So I would suggest you to go on the internet and search for the instruction and then you will be able to get the fix for you.

Bifocals will certainly get the right answer for you; meanwhile, maybe you have to be full administrator to use if you are using the Windows Vista.

You can try the following steps which I have tried as I was also facing the problem with Desktop Manager:
    1. Download SubInACL and install the tool. By default installed in c: \ Program Files \ Windows Resource Kits \ Tools
    2. If you are running Windows Vista, click the Start menu, point to All Programs, then Accessories, then click the item named Command Prompt and select Run as administrator
    3. If you are running a different operating system Windows Vista, go to the Start menu, select Run, type cmd and click OK
    4. Type notepad and click reset.cmd together to create a new file called reset.cmd
    5. Copy and paste the following content reset.cmd and then save and close it :
      cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators > %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=restricted=r /grant=%USERNAME%=f /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /keyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /grant=everyone=r /grant=restricted=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /keyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=r /setowner=administrators >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive%\ /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
      subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f /grant=users=e >> %temp%\subinacl_output.txt
    6. Reset.cmd type and press Enter to run the tool SubInACL. This tool can take several minutes to work, and requires that the user account you are using must have the administrator rights on the system. For this to be run from a cmd prompt with elevated privileges in Windows Vista. Step 2 above can be used to initiate a large system cmd in Windows Vista.
    7. Reset.cmd After complete, you can manually register the DLL files.Navigate to the directory as the DLLs are in and register.
      Type cd C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\ISGroupWise6.5.X\ and hit enter.
      Type regsvr32 gw.dll and hit enter
      Type gwapi.dll and hit enter
      Type cd C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Desktop Setup\ and hit enter
      Type regsvr32 DesktopSetup_pb.dll and hit enter
      Type C:\Program Files\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Action Engine\ and hit enter
      Type regsvr32 SyncAE_pb.dll and hit enter

That is it. When you will run Desktop Manager, you may need to reset the Synchronization configuration

You can go by the process which the above user have told you to do it and also you will be able to get it and also you will be able to solve the problem of yours and also you will able to download.

I think you will be able to get the answer of the problem you are getting and also you will be able to get the proper and also the perfect solution to solve the problem also. So you can go on the Google and search for the problem and also you will be able to solve the problem and also you will be able to get the steps to do the method and also you will be able to get the appropriate method to do it.

Re: Error message computer must be connected to the Internet while trying to install blackberry Desktop Manager 4.6

You can also get the answer or the solution on the internet and also you will be able to get the appropriate solution to solve it and also you will be able to solve the error which you are getting it.