Thread: How To Lock Folders For security and privacy in Mac?

How To Lock Folders For security and privacy in Mac?

I am using a Mac and i have just now added some of my personal information in to a file and i just want to keep it private in a folder so far i have tried by double clicking on the file and then on "get information" and then i have checked the Locked box after which i was able to see a lock icon just next to the folder and now it appears as if the the folder is not locked because whenever i am opening the folder it opens and displays my information.

Re: How To Lock Folders For security and privacy in Mac?

As far as i know locking a folder only stops you from editing it or say writing something new in it it does not actually stops you from viewing the content but you can probably do what you want to do by getting i password protected or the encrypted folder which you can create by programs like "Cryptor" or even by creating a encrypted disk image which can be expanded in size by using the Disk Utility but you have to be careful that offer you such services go for it only if you trust it.Best of luck

Yes there are many software which helps you to lock your folder in order to provide privacy and security for the information that you store in these folders.I have been using espionage for hiding and protecting some of my information and i have found it trust worthy as well but i have heard from my friends that putting your important file in a secure DMG is a better solution but i have not yet tried it but if you want you can just check it out it might help you better.

I have been using "McBie" and i was suggested to use this from one of my senior and now i feel that i have made the right choice but it really depends on the importance of the data you are attempting to protect if you only have to secure your private or personal information then "Secure Notes" will be better for you and if you use this than No one can access it without the password.It is normally used for less important data.