Thread: Fix paf file error on Powermill

Fix paf file error on Powermill

Can anyone here help me to fix this. I have a Powermill 2010 dvd. I installed the setup and when I run the same it gave me a paf file error. I am fed up with this. I tried PowerMill 2011 many times but same issue that is the reason i switched back to Powermill 2010. How to fix this.

Re: Fix paf file error on Powermill

There is a way to fix this :

In the DVD look for Flex folder inside PowerMill 2010. Copy this on your desktop.
    • Now Right click on My Computer > Properties > Advance > Environment Variable. Click on new. Type DELCAM_LICENSE_FILE. There is an readme file always in the Flex folder. You can find the exact name of environment variable. Se the value to 1700@nameofyourpc. You can find that by right click on My Computer > Properties > Computer name. Copy paste the exact and remove the dot next to it.
    • Now the environment variable part is done. Run the PowerMill 2010 setup. Once your are done copy the Flex folder in C:\Program Files\Delcam\PowerMill2010\. It will ask you to replace file give yes to all.
    • Once done go inside the folder and double click on imgtool.exe. Remember to turn off your antivirus to run this. In that you can see a service name Delcam. You can create that also.
    • Once you did the setting, you can see in C:\Flex there are two file. This are your license file and the entire folder is generated automatically. Till the time this folder is not generated you will get error message.

How to use LMTools
    • Click on Config Services > Service name "delcam" > Path to imgrd.exe = C:\Program Files\Delcam\PowerMill2010\flex\imgrd.exe > Path to license file C:\Program Files\Delcam\PowerMill2010\flex\delcam.lic > Path to debug log file = C:\Program Files\Delcam\PowerMill2010\flex\delcam.log.
    • Click on Start Server at power up and User services. Give yes.
    • Go to Start/Stop/Rereard. In that Click on Stop Server then Start Server. You must see a message below saying using license file #######. This means the license file is installed.

That was really helpful rely. I tried a lot to fix this and but there was the same paf file error. One thing I noticed that you have to copy the Flex folder inside Program Files\Dellcam\PowerMill 2010. And I was putting that in Delcam only because of this the error was regular. Thanks a lot.

Does this work for PowerMill 2011. I had tested this for a ton times but nothing worked. Also there is no new version of Flexm server provided with the DVD I got from my friend. If anyone found please put the same here or give me the download link. Thanks.

PAF file error is an license key error. You will face error when you do not have an appropriate license file on your system to run PowerMill. That simply means that you are using an crack or pirated version. This is a illegal to use. You cannot just crack the software and use it. Moderators please close this thread.