Thread: While running VMware workstation system freezes

While running VMware workstation system freezes

While running on a workstation machine 4 GB Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3, the periodic system freezes me that last about a minute or so. Frosts have been completed, the mouse pointer disappears, the keyboard does not react, nothing. Then after a pair of minutes for the system resume as if nothing had happened. This merely happens when the workstation is running in spite of of whether a virtual machine is successively running or not.

I've seen with both v6.5.5 and v8.0. I was thinking of upgrading to V8, but with this trouble and the impact on network performance, I wonder if maybe I should look for alternatives to the workstation, for the reason that if I can remove the workstation all the troubles disappear. Any thoughts how to resolve this trouble?

re: While running VMware workstation system freezes

Antivirus Scanner is the immediate host configured to keep out the directory containing your guests? Any third party "security" or "firewall" software on your host?

You could attempt to run the Sysinternals Process Monitor utility on the host and hope to capture events around the time of freezing and then look through the captured events to see if anything stands out.

re: While running VMware workstation system freezes

No, and I have no control over the anti-virus on my system, which is controlled through the company network, however have barred a folder, I can move virtual machines do not.

Firewall software all we have is what comes with Windows and what comes to our VPN, but I'm not using VPN at the moment and is active only when VPN is in use.ProcMon I have installed, I'll try if nothing else works to see if they can reveal anything.

Re: While running VMware workstation system freezes

Well, move virtual machines to the folder that is excluded from real-time analysis helped the performance but did not stop with frost.

I'll try the other suggestions to try to determine where frosts are coming from. If you come from the workstation and VMware tech support cannot help, I probably would not upgrade and test the virtual machine software rather than others.