Thread: Can aero work on unsupported pc?

Can aero work on unsupported pc?

Is there a way to force or enable working of aero themes and bring transparency on windows 7 on a pc which is not supported by video card for its aero?

Re: Can aero work on unsupported pc?

If i understand your question properly, then if you can't get the aero troubleshooter to enable aero I don't think you will be able to get aero effects. You will find the troubleshooter in the control panel. There are however different hacks to enable aero themes on unsupported video cards, but chances are it may or may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by viceman View Post
    If i understand your question properly, then if you can't get the aero troubleshooter to enable aero I don't think you will be able to get aero effects. You will find the troubleshooter in the control panel. There are however different hacks to enable aero themes on unsupported video cards, but chances are it may or may not work.
    Actually I am not asking about troubleshooter but about such a 'hack' which you are talking about. I mean isn't there a software which can make this 'hack' possible.

There is a software that you can use to enable aero, but depending on your machine, I cannot say whether it will work or not. You will need to download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor first from here to check if your hardware meets the requirements. After that download Aero Enabler from here. Extract this file to a proper place and then run the AeroEnabler.exe file. Now you just have to check the Disable Hardware Check box, and click Enable Aero.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    There is a software that you can use to enable aero, but depending on your machine, I cannot say whether it will work or not. You will need to download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor first from here to check if your hardware meets the requirements. After that download Aero Enabler from here. Extract this file to a proper place and then run the AeroEnabler.exe file. Now you just have to check the Disable Hardware Check box, and click Enable Aero.
    Actually my pc has one the graphics card (ATI RADEON 9250, 128 MB) which is not compatible (my hardware doesn't meet requirements) with windows aero, I checked it Microsoft site. However, I want to experience aero on my pc with windows aero only on windows 7. I tried to use the method which you suggested but it didn't work. So is there another way?

Well, if the above method is not working then you will have to upgrade your graphics card to enable or view Aero. What is your computer specifications by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    Well, if the above method is not working then you will have to upgrade your graphics card to enable or view Aero. What is your computer specifications by the way?
    Well, it would have been great if there was another method.
    My pc specs are:
    Intel P-4 3.00GHz,
    Windows 7 Ultimate,
    1.5 Gb Ram,
    160 Gb Hardisk,
    128 Mb ATI RADEON 9250 graphics card.

After researching for a while, it turns out that the ATI RADEON 9250 will NOT run Aero due to DirectX9 incompatibility. Funny thing is, cards from the previous generation, such as the 9550 and 9700 (not 9000) WILL run Aero. Your best bet is to get a PCI-Express mobo and buy a PCI-X card like the 850XT.