Thread: Bridged Connection do not work in VMware workstation 8

Bridged Connection do not work in VMware workstation 8

When I upgraded my VMware Workstation 7.1 to 8, you cannot use bridging to all in any virtual machine, just do not have any connection to the Internet. Whenever you use NAT. Even when I installed Windows 8, yet I cannot build a bridge, only NAT is working. Prior to 7.1 everything was working well. How I can fix it?

Re: Bridged Connection do not work in VMware workstation 8

I am having similar troubles on my local network. When I used a bridge on the guest, I cannot access my local network.

When I switch to NAT, I can see my local network, but the VPN [XP]guests ,not at work! It is good to have to keep changing! It seems that some problems here - or something I do not know! There were no such problems with 7.1 or above.

Exactly the same trouble here too. It is very serious for me. I would love to V7, and if anyone knows of a process / tool, then I would like to hear about it. There are many other troubles that do not know where to start. How this trial did hits me.

Quote Originally Posted by MahaGuru View Post
    Exactly the same trouble here too. It is very serious for me. I would love to V7, and if anyone knows of a process / tool, then I would like to hear about it. There are many other troubles that do not know where to start. How this trial did hits me.
    Attempt to re-configure the network settings Edit> Virtual Network Editor. When I upgraded to v.8 my network adapter’s bridge war gone and I had to reconfigure them.

Nothing was "disappeared" after converting to VMware workstation 8 - otherwise it would not be working at all! As I said, both bridged and NAT work, it breaks my local network bridge.

I just try to figure out what exactly is wrong."No good for nothing" or "just breaks the local network" is nothing I can work with ;-)

Exactly the same problem here! After upgrading to Workstation 8 Bridge connections does not work for me!

I solved the trouble of choosing to restore defaults in the virtual network editor. To delete all vmnet adapters that were present from version 7.x and left with only 3 VMNetAdapters. I never understood why so many adapters in the editor. Anyway this worked for me!

I did exactly what it describes as its solution and seems to have solved my problems. I'm back on the bridge, VPN is open and active, and I can still access my local network.

I like thank everyone for helping me to overcome this issue. I am glad I am part of this forum. IF I got any further doubt than I will let you know here.