Thread: Can VMware viewstation/awd view client be encapsulated as ThinApp?

Can VMware viewstation/awd view client be encapsulated as ThinApp?

I have following problem
    1. As a standard installation (not as a ThinApp), AWD creates what is "AWD login" as a shortcut on the desktop.
    2. Once you start shortcut AWD login and authenticate through it, this creates additional shortcuts, depending on the user's security level access to the images.

The problem I find when this application virtualization is encapsulating executable works as expected, and achieves the ability to use sign-AWD, but the shortcuts created by the AWD system will have an objective that aims to C: \, not to a virtualized path. for the reason that the destination path is not establish, make shortcuts to failure. Again, these additional shortcuts cannot be encapsulated as part of the ThinApp package, in view of the fact that these shortcuts are generated when the user logs into the application.

re: Can VMware viewstation/awd view client be encapsulated as ThinApp?

Trying adding file to c drive

Code:
    %drive_C%

1. Additional shortcuts generated by the application are not static. So it will be different from one user to another.
    2. These shortcuts are automatically deleted when the user logs out of AWD.
    3. Due to the complexity of the application behavior will be difficult to explain this matter in its entirety. I'll try to summarize the steps to reproduce this problem and hope that makes more sense:
    4. The capture of customers and AWDView ViewStation AWD in a single package. Implementing the package created prior to a clean machine. (Run the msi)
      This installation creates:
      a. AWD direct access login to the desktop
      b. Sandbox low .Documents and Settings \ User \ Application Data \ (ThinApp)

Have you ever effectively ThinApp AWD? We are experiencing similar troubles.

If I remember it was a very difficult package. AWD at launch creates shortcuts associated with the user in a new folder on your desktop. I witnessed this work in SoftGrid for the screenplay of the creation of a separate browser window just before the shortcuts are created. Essentially the application is misleading in thinking that is creating shortcuts on the desktop instead of a folder somewhere.

The same applies to ThinApp. if you could create a pre-launch script to create or emulate the folder where the icons are created by MAIN, this should work. I'm trying to find the information packet for AWD old now

Any help you can offer will be appreciated. We are now at a point where ThinApp developers are getting concerned. DST has washed their hands of the trouble and we will support.

Yes, however, depends on the version. I have successfully AWD ThinApp 2.3 and 2.4. The trick is to use what they call "the use of Citrix-style containers." Basically, your terminal server version. The desktop version does not work in a Terminal Server environment; on the other hand, your terminal server version works on Terminal Server and desktop environments. You will have the PTF terminal server, awdts.dll and a change of registration. Do not trouble demanding to get the desktop version virtually work since it is based on the browser to display applications. It is feasible, but it's a hassle to operate properly.
    1. Start capturing
    2. AWD installation and surround sound products. ViewStation During installation select "style containers using Citrix." Install PTF terminal servers. I did not have the top of my head. You probally can list your site
    3. Make changes, adjustments, etc.
    4. Finish capturing

Re: Can VMware viewstation/awd view client be encapsulated as ThinApp?

Thank you all for your comments. Due to the complication of thinapping this application, we are putting on hold the project.