Thread: Poor video performance in VMware Workstation 8

Poor video performance in VMware Workstation 8

I'm getting some eccentric video troubles performance after upgrading to version 8 in Vista x86 It's like I misplaced all acceleration and I dig up to observe that all I get dragged around the windows in the host. Acts almost as if using the unit and drag a window around my machine I updated the VMware tools. I tried converting the preview window and get off at the bottom. I tried full screen and window.

Sometimes, switching to the console and see again, fixed it and move guests around the windows . But if you change tabs to another virtual machine and back to normal again. I tried restarting the guest and fast graphics again. But changing the sheets VM slowed down. Even if I switch to the Startup tab and again the slowdown occurs. Is it to take screenshots of the preview windows that have become?

Re: Poor video performance in VMware Workstation 8

I'm seeing the similar thing as you after upgrading VMware Tools on my workstation 8 (guest win7 x86) from beta tools to the latest tools. Corresponds accurately to the description. Tearing at the edges of the window as you move around and moves gradually.

The same also to be able to speed up for the moment. I have the 3D acceleration enabled. I never realized this in the beta; nevertheless I guess I cannot go back to the previous VMware tools.

I am experiencing the same trouble. I did not try to change tabs or whatever, but I imagine my trouble is related or has the same roots. On the whole, when I run a single game in VMware, all graphics to be extremely unhurried and sluggish. You can take 10-20 seconds to acquire the menu.

1. Install new VMware
    2. Alter the 3D acceleration and install the latest directx.
    3. As soon as I eliminate and install VMware 8 another time everything is back and working fine, no slowdowns further. I left VMware tools on my virtual machine and it was working fine. Well, I guess I'll have to wait a little more than a working version. Anyhow, I observe no VMware workstation 8 feature worth upgrading now.

Even scrolling long text document seems slow on my VMware. VMware tools: 8.8.0 builds 471,268. Screen guest driver is version 11.8.11.0 and dates from 01/07/2011.I hope VMware support will investigate the matter as soon as possible.

Performance trouble I have almost the identical with Ubuntu Linux guest.

The video card in the laptop I'm testing workstation 8 on entry-level laptop, so the onboard video card. Still performs marvelously with the beta tools. Work station 7 I'll be in for a while, I imagine. I'm having a battle mind. I suspect is better (USB, which might sound) and also the ability to run as a server workstation 8.

I have two NVidia GTX 560 in my main machine. so it's not a query of my host to be sufficient. I've tried successively with 3D acceleration on and off the virtual machine and there was no dissimilarity. I've tried using the guest on one screen, and all of them.

I have also tried restoring the system but to avail in my case it seems to be related to the implementation of primary workstation, not the video driver in the tools. You never know for sure.

To resolve this trouble in video performance, at the present, I just position all the parameters of performance in Windows Vista client to a smallest amount. The big one is "show window contents while dragging". Not convinced if you can create similar adjustments in the desktop Linux.

Now I'm running database big customers located in the application for my company that uses OpenGL for graphics and is doing quite admirable. Although still not be tested on my machine I would say that actual performance is enhanced. I seem to acquire a lot of objects on the screen WS7, but so far no verification that Workstation 8.

Normally I have all settings stunned regular operating performance and agree 100% "Show window contents while dragging" is the most obvious, but in practice it is not really that big of a problem, it is simply too easy to knock and notice initially. For me, I do not care if I have to disable that, the video performance seems to come up to snuff on the important things. Also, in some way also the values of the Windows Experience Index for graphics performance are now much higher than before (I mentioned a reduction of these values in another post) so maybe I had a problem somewhere that has resolved.

It is the same as it was with VMware Workstation 7

Have you tried to update the VMware machine to version 8?

I can corroborate exactly the same trouble! I've also tried disabling 3D acceleration on the guest OS (Windows XP) and updating the virtual machine to the 8.0 format, this option solve the trouble. VMware Workstation 7 and earlier versions were smooth as silk.