Thread: Audio drivers are installed but still there is no sound

Audio drivers are installed but still there is no sound

I need help to fix the audio issue on my system. I was out somewhere for sometime and my system was not used for more than 3 weeks. Last night I turned it one, I found 2/3 blue screen error messages on the screen. I removed the dust from the system and cleaned the ram also. Till now it is working. But there is no sound in the speakers. I checked in device manager, the audio device is listed, then why still it is not working. My speakers looks fine, as there is an sound when I increase the volume. I am not able to figure out the issues behind the same. Does Windows 7 has some advance sound settings. If yes then where to find them and how to check that to what the audio
    problem is related to. I cannot find any thing much here. I had also used my drivers disc to run a fresh driver update. But that does not worked really. It shows that I have some realtek driver module in my system.

Re: Audio drivers are installed but still there is no sound

Do this to ensure that your speakers are working, connect them to your mobile phone. Many mobile phone today comes with 3.5mm speaker jack. Connect it to the same and then check. If there is no sound then the speakers are not working. Connect a headphone to check that your system is working fine.

Keep your motherboard disc ready with you. Run Device Manager and right click on the audio device. Choose uninstall. Reboot your system and see that Windows give you message of found new hardware. If yes then it will install the hardware. Provide the driver cd. You must see an realtek audio manage or orange volume icon in the system tray. If that is not listed them the volume manager is not working. You can check the same in msconfig. Click on Start > Run > type msconfig. In that go to startup and services. Click on enable all and then reboot. This must work surely. If not then there is some fault with the audio chip. Also go in bios and see that you had not disabled the on board audio settings form it.

First thing what I can say that the audio jack is not working. Change connection. There are two jacks usually. Once is located in the front and other is backside. Connect the speakers to the backside. Then check. If still no sound then double click on volume manager icon in the system tray and see that all volumes are set to full. There is an audio manager also. If this all stuff not work even with driver updates, then the sound chip is gone. As an alternative it is possible to use an audio card.

There are many sound card you can buy for cheap. Buy anyone and fix the same on your system. The sound card will give you much higher sound quality then the regular one.