Thread: Multimedia Audio Controller showing yellow exclamation mark in device manager

Multimedia Audio Controller showing yellow exclamation mark in device manager

Suddenly my sound has stopped working. This happened when I removed some unwanted software from the pc. This include toolbars, chat messengers, games, etc. I did this because my pc was working slow. So I just removed everything. But after restarting I found that the audio is missing. I checked in Device Manager and found a yellow exclamation mark on Device Manager. I want some help here to fix this issue.

It happens that you might have accidentally uninstalled the audio driver. Due to which you face this issue. The best thing you can do here is find the right audio driver and add that in the pc. For that you have to find the motherboard model number. On the basis of that you can go on official website and download the latest audio driver. Most commonly many boards has realtek audio chips. So just find the right drivers and install it. That's it the audio will start working.

Download and install DriverMax in your pc. There is a trail version of this tool available. Once you install this it offer you 2 driver download per day. You can run this and it will scan your pc for all outdated drivers. Once the scan is over just select the audio driver and install the same in your pc. That's all. Your job is done. There is no need to search for any drivers manually. I use this tool to update drivers and it gives quiet effective solution.